• This topic has 16 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What would be your reaction …
  • joao3v16
    Free Member

… if you found your debit card payment wouldn’t process at the supermarket checkout?

I imagine there’d be a fair bit of swearing under your breath.

Stress levels would be elevated.

You’d probably phone your bank to find out what the problem was.

Then what?

Well, apparently it’s the “mode du jour” (sp?) to log in to your twitter and cry about it. in 255 characters or less.

Following last weeks problems at LTSB, I made a remark along the lines of “is it really peoples immediate response to cry about it on Twitter?????”

Some people reacted like I’d just vomited over their children, wee’d in their shoes and accused them of being Jeremy Kyle-esque sink estate residents.

Turns out Twitter is really really dead important and everything.

The English are famous for complaining. I guess Twitter is the 21st Century outlet for our favourite passtime.

😀

grum
    Free Member

Well, apparently it’s the “mode du jour” (sp?) to log in to your twitter and cry about it. in 255 characters or less.

Following last weeks problems at LTSB, I made a remark along the lines of “is it really peoples immedaite response to cry about it on Twitter?????”

Any worse than writing considerably more than 255 characters complaining about people complaining about it on a mountain biking forum?

Dickyboy

Have you finished the ironing yet?

binners

I blame Ashley Cole

globalti
    Free Member

What’s twitter? I usually chat to my family or a friend or neighbour, preferably over a pint.

Jamie
    Free Member

140 characters.

/pedant.

What’s twitter? I usually chat to my family or a friend or neighbour, preferably over a pint.

I know it’s shit isn’t it? Typing messages on the internet? What loser would do that!

traildog
    Free Member

Seems like just the thing twitter was invented for. A problem shared is a problem halfed…

binners

I usually chat to my family or a friend or neighbour, preferably over a pint.

I can’t see that catching on, to be honest. Have you got a logo, some branding and a corporate marketing strategy for your idea? Do you plan to float it on the stock exchange, selling the shares to idiots in a few years? Do you need some pie charts doing?

trout
    Free Member

Seems like just the thing twitter was invented for. A problem shared is a problem halfed two miserable gits

Lifer
    Free Member

If you’re getting tweets like that it’s your own fault for following them!

tarquin
    Free Member

I don’t understand twitter at all.

My reaction would be to pay using another card or cash 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

255 characters or less.

Excel on the brain….

Lifer
    Free Member

tarquin – Member
    I don’t understand twitter at all.

You follow people and can then read their messages.

What you get out of it depends on who you follow.

ski
    Free Member

The answer is easy, you are following the wrong type of people, be more selective is often the answer 😉

Drac

So all of them live local or is it the same person?

There is some ‘interesting’ rants on twitter and faceboook but then there is on here too.

billysugger
    Free Member

Nothing spreads (and generates wealth) like the fear of being left ‘out of the loop’ among the impressionable.

See Twitter/FB/Fifty Shades of Razzle.

2% is worthy info, just a matter of finding it.

I feel privileged to have used the internet in it’s formative years when you’d be waiting for a screeching modem to crawl it’s way along, it took time and effort to show something to the world, keeping quick and easy gossip on telephones.

Drac

I feel privileged to have used the internet in it’s formative years when you’d be waiting for a screeching modem to crawl it’s way along, it took time and effort to show something to the world, keeping quick and easy gossip on telephones.

I put my lasting power in the bedroom down to dial up. No IRC see then?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What would be your reaction …’ is closed to new replies.