Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • What will our children rip out of our houses with disgust?
  • kimbers

ive just moved into my a 25yr old house in Milton keynes

as a ‘city of the future’ every room seems to have its own cable TVs sockets for the old network that used to work accross the city

they are awful unsightly things, infact all sockets are

I expect everything will be fully wireless soon, an end to plug sockets etc !

curtains theyve got to go too, horrible allergen sinks that they are and net curtains- bleaurgh!, smart self tinting glass please

but surely the greatest crime of all, (that you can still see loads of) is that fake lead crap on windows,

IdleJon

perchypanther – Member
    Living in an 1890s Victorian house, I can report that the heating cost is bloody astronomical. I’m paying more than twice that just for gas (hot water, GCH and a gas fire, cooker is electric). Pretty sure that one of the first things my fictional children will rip out is the boiler.
    Or, in my case, Boilers. 2 of them. One for upstairs. One for downstairs.
    You REALLY wouldn’t want my gas bill in a Scottish winter.

It’s a minor inconvenience though compared to the upside of living in an 1890’s Victorian house.

Got to agree with the heating costs. (I’m in a large-ish 1890s terraced house.) Costs an absolute furtune from October through April/May. It also attempts to turn everything mouldy during that period, so walls and ceilings need constant cleaning. The joys of the Welsh climate, maybe?

However, we have loads of space and my bikes are kept inside. On the downside, we have loads of storage space so tend to keep far more junk -total, utter crap mainly.

br
    Free Member

anything run directly on oil/gas, because it’ll cost a fortune

What, compared to electricity?

Rural living, choices for heating are all expensive.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

What, compared to electricity?

compared to solar powered hot water thingummies
    compared to wearing jumpers
    compared to burning old laminate flooring

aracer
    Free Member

Another Tomorrow’s World fan? How do you think your TV etc. will be powered?

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘What will our children rip out of our houses with disgust?’ is closed to new replies.