Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What wheelset for £200?
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

wheelset wanted for £200 for AM/XC/light freeride duties, 6bolt would be nice. For whatever gut instinct reason they mustn't have anything DT on them, (I also have an aversion to Fox forks for some reason).

which ones?

jim
    Free Member

Skip a couple of nights on the beer and buy some hope hoops from wheelpro?

Frizzer
    Free Member

I bought a custom wheelset from Superstar for less than that and have been very happy so far. I went for the Switch hubs, Voltage rims and upgraded spokes and nipples.
    I'm pretty cack-handed and they haven't caused me any problems yet.

therealhoops
    Free Member

aaaahh Superstar, there's a name we can all trust 🙂 I'll have a peruse out of morbid curiosity.

Seggons
    Free Member

halo?

WackoAK
    Free Member

Mavic Crossrides?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Put in another few quid and buy some hope hoops off wheelpro. Some things just arent worth compromising over.

monksie
    Free Member

Mavic Crossmax Enduro. Tubeless ready (or you could put tubes in if you really wanted to) including some lovely brand new qr's. Lovely condition, £130 delivered by hand.

I have quite a few Superstars parts on my bikes Hoopsie, no problems with any of them.

Bream
    Free Member

Must admit, the Nuke Proof all mountain wheels looks fantastic value for the money and have good reviews 8)

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+ 1 hope hoops on Flow

Wheelpro doesn't have any until beginning of June though

younggeoff

Again, add the extra and get some hope hoops

StuF

2nd hand hope proII with some mavic rims

devs
    Free Member

I think I got my Hope Hoops (Flows on Pro2) from Winstanleys for £227. Wasn't much over £200 anyways.

Onzadog
    Free Member

If it was my money, I'd get the Hope Hoops with Flow rims for a bit more or Merlin last year were doing some Flow rims on XT for £150. (can you spot a theme?)

takisawa2

3yrs of my lardy-lard-ass on my XC717s on Pro2's & have never needed any attention. Often see them on here from the various bike-breakers.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Still not sure whether to get a front Hoop using (already got a rear Pro 2 on Mavic xc717) Stans 355 on Pro 2 or match up the rear…

Stans is a bit lighter but I use narrow (1.8") tyres – the "wideness" might not be useful. Narrow 717s seat my tyres really well.

Hmmm….

flow
    Free Member

No point getting them from Wheelpro, they are machine built and hand finished anyway. Get them from Winstanleys for £220 and save yourself some money.

Northwind

719s on XTs? Come in under budget, that, and not so very much heavier. I'd go Hoops as well, hey, i did but you don't have to

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What wheelset for £200?’ is closed to new replies.