Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What Wheelset?
  • somouk
    Free Member

I’m after a little advice for a wheel set.

Ideally 26″ XC focussed, the lighter the better but not so light weight that they have a weight restriction on them.

I would also like something I can go tubeless with at some point in the future when I get tyres suitable.

My limited reading leads me to look at Hope Pro 2’s as hubs but what rims?

Thanks in advance,
    Martin

MisterT

Stans rims.. simple!

br
    Free Member

If I was buying now, it would be Stans on Pro2 front / Pro3 rear. But you can’t go wrong with Mavic XM819 rims – strong but not particularly light.

somouk
    Free Member

Any particular Stans rim? Any links to an ideal set?

Thanks again for the info.

Also, you mention pro 2 front and pro 3 rear, my thinking would be a stronger rear hub?

What are people thoughts on the Pro 3 weight limit, I’m a few kg over the limit but can see a few cheap sets knocking around.

mboy
    Free Member

Stans crests are probably as light as you want to go, without a weight restriction being imposed. Don’t bother with pro3’s, 24 spokes per wheel makes them flexy and they’re only marginally lighter than pro2’s. Pro2’s on crests make for a very light all round xc wheelset, any lighter and you’re into lightweight race wheel territory, and durability is compromised as a result.

njee20
    Free Member

I got some Pro 2s on Crests acouple of weeks ago, 1585g on my scales, good value, I’d look no further.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What Wheelset?’ is closed to new replies.