Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Anybody else ever lost fancy kit?
  • DrJ

Checked out of a hotel in Paris in a hurry, and left behind a load of clothes including a nice leather jacket. Went back next day and no sign … bloody thieves.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

When me and a couple of mates went to Whistler riding,we took a break from the bike park and went to Fromme mountain to ride a few trails.
    Half way up there was a stopping place with good views,my mate took a photo using his brand new camera,then i took a photo of them,my mate decided to put the camera on the roof of our car.That was the last time we saw it,almost….

Until i got home and looked at my photos,there it was on the roof,still makes me laugh that photo.

takisawa2

Hung my Giro Xen on the bike rack while I got changed at Cannock, and drove off. Reckon it bounced off in the car park but never got it back.

Xylene
    Free Member

My mate and landlord, was up to switch card 20+ when the bank rang him to ask why he kept losing them. He worked on a landfill and regularly fell out of his pocket.

colnagokid

Early pair of M-Frames white with blue iridium lens in a Giro Tour Bag left at a bike show years ago.

Nice pair of Bolle sunglasses, left on a cafe table on York train station

Rolex Submariner watch left in Newcastle Train Station bogs… been travelling from Minorca all night needed to be in that London village next day…stopped to wash me face, took watch off and forgot it 😳

Top bloke in the netties handed it in and woundn’t take a few quid for a drink

DrJ

You guys losing sunglasses need to take a lesson from Kim Jong Il, who has been wearing the same pair for the last quarter century !!

http://kimjongillookingatthings.tumblr.com/

maxray
    Free Member

Left my wallet on the roof of my car, got onto the dual carriage way and watched a confetti show of cash and cards through my rear view mirror!

boblo
    Free Member

Surely Colnagokid ‘wins’ leaving his Roly in the loo?

I left £2k in cash in an hotel room safe in Singapore once (which I got back) and a new camera on the roof of my car in HK. I watched as a bus ran over it behind me. Still have a giggle about it now.

iDave
    Free Member

I left my sanity and self-esteem at an altar once…..

Alex

This thread makes me feel so much better 😉 Going to retrace one of my rides to see if I can find my 3 week old camera that disappeared somewhere in the Malverns.

As for everything else, it’s all here

I won’t ride with Oakley’s now.

Houns

Spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch. A mnemomic not for crossing your chest but for remembering you have everything before you leave anywhere

iDave
    Free Member

I got back from a ride once, and laughed as I noticed my phone had been on the roof of the car while I rode. ‘Look, my phone was on the roof’, I said as I held it up, before putting it back on the roof……. 😐

Alex

Done similar. Deposited a helmet by the front tyre as there was no way I’d ever be stupid enough to drive over it. Took me a couple of attempts if I remember rightly…..

anokdale
    Free Member

Colnagokid – Wow i would be devastated if my Sub went you must have been flapping, just shows you there are some top folk about.

Some blokes i know would loose their testicles if they were not in a bag.

trout
    Free Member

Lost my riding mojo last autumn ( priceless )

and hoping to get it back this year and lose the extra lard that went on because of it

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Anybody else ever lost fancy kit?’ is closed to new replies.