Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What weight limits for Ryanair?
  • splatz
    Free Member

So how much can bike bag weigh? Is it really possible to travel with a bike bag and hand luggage for a week’s biking in Spain?

AmyYoung
    Free Member

Bike bag can weigh 32kgs. When I went with ryanair I jammed as much in there as possible.
    Don’t go over 32kgs on any single item of luggage though, cos I think it’s a baggage handlers restriction.

splatz
    Free Member

Thanks I think that seems right Amy – sports equipment ‘in addition’ to checked baggage at discount rate and no baggage heavier than 32Kg.

thomthumb
    Free Member

last time i came back from the alps my bag was well over but they didn’t check/ care.

i *think* they paid closer attentin on the way out.

gizmo
    Free Member

if you go for web check in remember to print out your boarding card.
    we didn’t when we went to Krakow this week it cost us £20 extra each for each leg of the journey. When I said ‘we’ll just pay for the extra for the trip out and print out the boarding cards for the trip home when we’re in Krakow’ she replied, ‘sorry, you can’t do that’
    £80 for them to print out boarding cards!
    Ryanair, parking wardens, wheel clampers, nice people. pick the odd one out.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

My tips and warnings:

1. Flying from East Midlands I was told I “wasn’t allowed” anything other than my bike in the bike bag. We all know that is nonsense but if you get someone on a bad day it could be an issue.

2. For the same flight I got helmet and a lot of clothing in a large rucsac as my hand luggage. The Ryan Air overhead lockers are enormous and it’s amazing how much you can carry with a 10kg handluggage allowance. So in answer to the original question, yes it is possible to just have a bike bag and hand luggage.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

oh and the helmet was a Met Parachute which is “sort of” full face

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What weight limits for Ryanair?’ is closed to new replies.