Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What Universal Remote?
  • flyingmonkeycorps

I’ve lost the remote for my old tellybox, and I doubt I could find a replacement now as it’s quite old. So I quite fancy a universal one. Any recommendations? Cheap and cheerful preferably, all I really want to be able to do is change the volume without disturbing the cat (who likes to sit on me).

AlexSimon

I don’t know about cheap and cheerful ones, but a Logitech Harmony is pretty amazing if you have a few devices.
    The cheapest is fine – it’s the database of devices that’s great.

BTW – if you found a remote for a same brand of telly, then it’ll probably work. Most manufacturers use the same codes for all their tellys

flyingmonkeycorps

I looked at replacement Panasonic remotes, but non-Panasonic ones are still a tenner – seems more sensible to spend a bit more and get something that’ll work with the Freeview box as well.

Cheapest Logitechs look to be about 20 squid, that’s not too bad! Cheers 🙂

simon_g

Harmony is great and takes a lot of the faff out of programming. They’re especially good if you have a mix of device in use at the same time – for instance, I run the sound from my TV out through my stereo, so I want volume to control that, not the TV.

I have a really old model that is still fine and still supported by the software. If you lose, break or want to replace it in the future then you can just plug it in and transfer your config over.

flyingmonkeycorps

I only really have the tellybox itself and a Freeview box (and an Xbox), all my hifi bits and bobs are far too old for things like remote controls!

Stoner
    Free Member

I got a cheap and cheerful one when we though stoner Jr Jr had filed ours in the bin on the night before binman day 🙁

(as it happens we had falsely accused him. He had just hidden it in my walking boots instead)

It works by programming with button presses or you can use a key code that applies a library setting in the handset for the brand of tv you have.
    I’ll go and find the brand, one second.

EDIT: here we are
    http://www.oneforall.com/en_UK/product/1/universal-remotes/1/basic/154/slim-line-4

flyingmonkeycorps

Ooh 9 quid from Asda! Might have to pop in.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What Universal Remote?’ is closed to new replies.