Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • what tv programme / series have you devoted too much of your life to?
  • kimbers

intervention you say……….. as long as no dogs were harmed

i freakin love this scene
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi-P-HWubbI[/video]

btw i dont consider time watching sopranos wasted

binners

RustySpanner

Grange Hill.

binners

cinnamon_girl

Nobody has mentioned Crossroads. 😉

spawnofyorkshire

@binners – cash in the attic accounted for a lot of my afternoon viewing time whilst i was at uni, close second was countdown

donks
    Free Member

Never watched anything that eat up week after week for several years…after i gave lost a go and then they ditched it to sky (dodged a bullet there i reckon).

The only thing apart from shitty soaps that the wife watches that i have gone out of my way to watch and to be fair it had some huge gaps between series and the seasons only had about 7 or 8 shows in was the frankly un topped “Sopranos”.

Fave episode was where Chris and Pauly were on the stake out in the car.

ourmaninthenorth

he’s also the worst eater i’ve seen on tv, he looks like a hamster learning to use cutlery for the first time

I think they learn it in chef school, as they’re all appalling. Except Matt Preston who’s camper than a row of pink cravats….

chakaping
    Free Member

Just got sucked back into Masterchef The Professionals. Michel and Monica do a great good cop/bad cop act.

I would have said Twin Peaks – but I don’t think you can ever have too much Twin Peaks.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I’ve just purchased the box set of the X Files. Been watching on average 3 episodes a night for the past 2 weeks. Currently half way though season 3. 6 seasons and 2 movies to go.

Northwind

I quite like Masterchef. The evil woman who hates everything, and the crazy man who will tear strips off you if your food looks like food, and not a new office development or a ritual sacrifice.

failedengineer

I’m suprised no-one’s mentioned ……. Coronation Street! I’ve watched it since the start (1960!) Can’t really remember watching it in the early years, but my mother said that I did. Still watch it when i can, but not to the extent of recording it if I’m out (Honest!)

binners

Northwind

The neverending soap opera that is Singletrackworld.

chakaping
    Free Member

*Sets skybox to start recording Hollyoaks*

nealglover
    Free Member

The Wire
    Just finished my 15th viewing of it from start to finish.
    5 series or 60 episodes of roughly an hour each.
    That’s 900 hours devoted to the single greatest television show of all time.

I would be DEEPLY worried about myself if I did that with any program.

Seriously, that’s not normal behaviour 😐

That’s half a year, watching the Wire as a full time job 😐

spawnofyorkshire

oh shitballs, i’ve just watched masterchef Australia all stars. There goes another three weeks of viewing tosh

Cougar

I’ve just purchased the box set of the X Files. Been watching on average 3 episodes a night for the past 2 weeks. Currently half way though season 3. 6 seasons and 2 movies to go.

It gets utterly bobbins somewhere around season 5/6. Stick with it, it picks up again. John Doggett is the best thing that ever happened to the X-Files, and Monica Reyes ain’t too scabby either.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

A friend introduced me to Trailer Park Boys.

Addictive is not the word.

portlyone

Firefly – I’ve watched the boxset a few times, even the non-scifi people get hooked pretty quick.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

18 hours per season x 8 seasons = 144 hours.

stewartc
    Free Member

Seinfeld, usually go through the complete seasons 1-9 at least twice a year. In my defence I did once live in NY in the mid 90s so I do get a lot of the references.
    Usually never watch reality TV but I do now sit down with the missus and watch Americas Next Top Model when its on, no idea why?

Harry_the_Spider

Lost and what a lot of crap it turned into. We saw that Heroes was heading the same way so we sacked it part way through series two.

I recently gave up on Shameless. I just couldn’t work out why I was still watching it and the % on the SKY box was getting a bit low so I binned it.

roady_tony
    Free Member

agree about Lost – oh my how a series could build everything so high and then ruin it with clearly hastily written last few eps.
    along the same theme , look at Prometheus!

fervouredimage
    Free Member

It gets utterly bobbins somewhere around season 5/6. Stick with it, it picks up again. John Doggett is the best thing that ever happened to the X-Files, and Monica Reyes ain’t too scabby either.

As a teenager I loved it but only really started watching it from season 2 up to season 4. Nostalgia motivated the purchase but am really enjoying it. It’s stood the test of time in my opinion.

shooterman

The Sopranos. Usually watch the whole thing from beginning to end once a year.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Triple D

Just keeps me going back ……

why can’t we have more of those type of eating places in the UK ?

or is it I don’t know where they are 🙁

thebunk

I spend a ridiculous amount of time playing Fifa – does that count?

Failing that I’ve promised to myself I’m not going to watch the Apprentice next time it’s on…

Susie
    Free Member

The X Files, but my devotion to it meant I got to go to the film premier of the 2nd movie 🙂

Cougar, I think most fans think John Doggett and Monica Reyes were the worst things to happen to the X Files, along with Super Soldiers. There are some that think it was only good when it was filmed in Vancouver (seasons 1-5). Personally, I loved season 6, but I quite liked the more light hearted episodes. They seemed to be running out of ideas by season 7 though. I didn’t dislike Doggett and Reyes, but with the exception of the odd episode, I hated seasons 8 and 9.

Agree with everyone else about Lost.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

A friend introduced me to Trailer Park Boys.

Addictive is not the word.

😯

beej

Again saw the thread title and thought… Masterchef Australia. Allstars currently on.

After that, I watched all 144 episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer whilst on the turbo, over about 2 years.

Cougar

Cougar, I think most fans think John Doggett and Monica Reyes were the worst things to happen to the X Files,

Oh, sure.

They’re wrong, though.

(-:

senorj

In no particular order…..
    Twin Peaks , Rising Damp , Porridge ,Blackadder.
    More recently Heroes , Dinnerladies (honest) & Merlin!!!

gave up on DR Who , Lost and quite a few others…

senorj

oops.

senorj

double oops – sorry.

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘what tv programme / series have you devoted too much of your life to?’ is closed to new replies.