Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • what tv programme / series have you devoted too much of your life to?
  • spawnofyorkshire

After finishing watching the latest series of Masterchef Australia last night i had a quick think about how many hours I’d watched of it over the last 3 months, followed by a little sob at how much wasted time that constituted.

Anyone else got a programme they’ve watched a lot and don’t really have a valid reason to do so?

headfirst
    Free Member

Downton Abbey 😳

yunki
    Free Member

Team Umizoomi

peterfile
    Free Member

Mainstream news

BoardinBob

The Wire

Just finished my 15th viewing of it from start to finish.

5 series or 60 episodes of roughly an hour each.

That’s 900 hours devoted to the single greatest television show of all time. 😆

spawnofyorkshire

15th viewing?? wow that’s commitment. I’ve watched it through twice and thought that was good going

vinnyeh

That’s 900 hours devoted to the single greatest television show of all time.

Just suggesting, you might not have had too much time to explore the alternatives. 🙂

Cougar

Hm.

Probably The X-Files or Buffy. Struggling to think of many shows I’ve rewatched over and over. Red Dwarf, maybe.

jota180
    Free Member

I don’t think there’s anything I religiously watch, the F1 is probably the closest I suppose with around 6 hours per race weekend so 120hrs ish minus the couple I missed

toby1

Anytime spent watching Lost I actually consider ‘lost’ – started strong, realised it had no idea where it was going – fell apart towards then end. Heroes is in the same bag too – just got dull.

Onzadog
    Free Member

There’s a few that we watch that start off strong and then go off the boil but because westarted, we always try to finish. Supernatural, the mentalist, hero’s all fit that Bill.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I’ve watched band of brothers, game of thrones season 1 and 2, the almighty Johnsons. trailer park boys, the drunk and on drugs happy fun time show, series 1 and 2 of the boosh, all of python (films included), and many other series many many times.. although I do work from home and watch DVD etc at work when I’m making up cables and doing other mundane tasks.

binners

ourmaninthenorth

I saw the title and, about to post before I’d read the OP, had in the front of my mind…

…Masterchef Australia.

Mrs North is a big fan and, for her (an academic) she likes to switch her brain off to this sort of TV. I’ve allowed myself to be sucked in (again) by it while harouring a mild resentment of the time taken from other activities.

Nothing can now stop me from…

…watching some other cathode ray crack cocaine. 😀

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

knock knock knock Penny
    knock knock knock Penny
    knock knock knock Penny
    knock knock knock Penny

spawnofyorkshire

^ he only knocks three times, not four

@ourmaninthenorth – it’s probably why i watch it as my brain does slow down considerably when it’s on. I do enjoy it, but that was more than 70hrs of my life gone to aussies cooking

binners

zilog6128

The Wire

Just finished my 15th viewing of it from start to finish.

5 series or 60 episodes of roughly an hour each.

That’s 900 hours devoted to the single greatest television show of all time. F me. You must really like it! Granted it is excellent, but there are a lot of of other shows which whilst not being quite in the same league are worthy of viewing! I thought The Shield was great if you haven’t seen that yet.

Saying that, I’ve seen every episode of TNG and Seinfield at least half a dozen times each I would say. Although I’m usually doing something else as well when they’re on telly these days rather than watching with 100% attention.

compositepro
    Free Member

Lost

about 7 years of it to be honest to find that bag of bollocks was the end
    idid suspect someone was having a laugh but i now more accurately suspect im just a mug

binners

portlyone

I might have watched the odd Star Trek episode once or twice… *cough*

spawnofyorkshire

star trek sucked, babylon 5 was where all the cool ones got their sci-fi on

zilog6128

Lost

about 7 years of it to be honest to find that bag of bollocks was the end
    idid suspect someone was having a laugh but i now more accurately suspect im just a mug
    Lol, yes I made it about halfway through the first series then just thought “life is too short for this” and never watched it again.

If you ask me it’s got a lot to answer for re. the state of current telly – shows which have great ideas and would have made a brilliant 4-6 episode miniseries are now stretched out literally for years of tedious nonsense (e.g. Last Resort which is on at the moment).

If you’re talking about B5 vs DS9 then yes, obviously. If you are talking about TOS or TNG then you are clearly an insane babbling fool therefore your opinion is meaningless 😆

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

spawnofyorkshire – Member

^ he only knocks three times, not four
    I know, the 4th was an ubergeek trap

spawnofyorkshire

thus demonstrating even geekier behaviour than the nerd who picked you up on it…

ourmaninthenorth

but that was more than 70hrs of my life gone to aussies cooking

Bloody hell. I’d rather you hadn’t actually done the maths…!

TBH am most entertained by podgy George being mother every time thet three judges eat something…

spawnofyorkshire

but that was more than 70hrs of my life gone to aussies cooking

Bloody hell. I’d rather you hadn’t actually done the maths…!

yup, i was a little sad when i worked it out

TBH am most entertained by podgy George being mother every time thet three judges eat something…

he’s also the worst eater i’ve seen on tv, he looks like a hamster learning to use cutlery for the first time

Cougar

I fear you mis-spelt “Farscape” there.

verses

Smallville. It’s OK but is essentially Dawson’s Creek with super powers. Certainly not worth watching week-in week-out – why did I do that?
    Fortunately I managed to give it up around season 7/8 and have now been ‘clean’ for a couple of years.

Although this thread has prompted me to Google it and it seems it only ran for 2 more seasons… Now I know that there’s an end to it, and I was so close to it, I guess there’d be no harm in watching just one or two… Oh god…

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Hunted.

Desperatly hoped it might be half as good as Spooks, but frankly, it was shite from start to finish.

zilog6128

Desperatly hoped it might be half as good as Spooks

which itself was only half as good as Bugs

I fear you mis-spelt “Farscape” there.

😆

spawnofyorkshire

@Verses – INTERVENTION
    Put down the google and leave it alone. Smallville was and always will be shite!

spawnofyorkshire

farscape was def better than B5, but B5 winds up star trek fans more

Edit: Just remembered Tim quitting his job in Spaced “Babylon 5’s a big pile of shit”

kimbers

wooooaahh !!!!!!!!!!

I think there are some very misinformed people on here

DS9>TNG>TOS>Enterprise>Voyager> all the rest of tv

Northwind

Babylon 5 was a bit shit but always felt like it was trying hard not to be, and so deserved a dog chew. Whereas Star Trek is perfectly happy to be shit because they know their market.

I suppose I’ve spent a lot of time on West Wings, but only because there’s an awful lot of episodes.

verses

spawnofyorkshire – Member

@Verses – INTERVENTION
    Put down the google and leave it alone. Smallville was and always will be shite!

But, but, but… The next episode might be the one where he finally learns to fly…

Note: I’m not disputing the shite-ness of it.

spawnofyorkshire

all the rest of tv>DS9>TNG>TOS>Enterprise>Voyager

FTFY

crazant
    Free Member

Everybody loves Raymond for me, It still tickles me even after watching the same episodes 6 times….

Although According To Jim is coming a close second….

toby1

But Versus – there was Lois Lane …. Mmm Lois Lane!

binners

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘what tv programme / series have you devoted too much of your life to?’ is closed to new replies.