Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • what trampoline for our garden ?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

for our 5yr old and his pals to play on.

Ta

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

pealy
    Free Member

The old “netting or not” debate ensues..

Whatever you decide, I bet he loves it so get a good sized one. We bought a second hand one last year, best £50 I’ve ever spent, my two play on it for ages, not just jumping but playing with toys, wresting etc on there too. We have the netting round ours and I think they quite like it being enclosed.

tonyg2003

I’d go for a netting one- with the netting inside the springs too. We have a 14ft Jumpking and it has been a great purchase (4 yrs old). A big trampoline was a good move too.

Netting – I do appreciate the arguements for/agianst. But for me – Accidents do happen (look at A&E figures for trampolines) especially with more than one child (or adult :)) on the trampoline and I rather “wrap in cotton wool”. Our boy does enough other dangerous things.

surfer
    Free Member

We have a Costco one which doesnt use springs but flexible plastic bars to provide the “bounce” Hard to describe but works very well and as with all Costco stuff, good quality.
    Not cheap but makes very little noise unlike the usual “springed ones” Has full netting for safety and all in all a good buy. Kids dont tire of it.

Cougar

ASDA were doing one for 99 quid not so long ago. No idea if it was any good or not (or how kidproof) but might be worth a look?

TiRed

+1 for Jump King Ovalpod. We have a 15x10ft oval for a teenager and a preteen. Get a large one, kids only get bigger. It was not cheap but we plan on keeping it for some time, and it does get used (a lot!).

As for the netting debate – it passes for cage-fighting in our house. You can also lock them 🙂

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

If you can get to a Decathlon, look at some of theirs, or a Smyths Toy shop, they seem reasonable prices for quite big trampolines and have the safety nets available.

I bet mumsnet has netting threads the way a bike forum has helmet threads!

restless
    Free Member

i got one from Argos with netting, 10ft for about £100. it’s very good quality and still as good as new, made by Plum.
    i chose netting to stop the kids flying over next doors fence.

grim168
    Free Member

One at a time, always.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘what trampoline for our garden ?’ is closed to new replies.