Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • What track do you have as your ringtone atm?
  • santac
    Free Member

U2 vertigo
    I'm a reetard over 45

iggs
    Free Member

Brilliant, I didn't realise the demographic of STW was either so young or retarded 😉

mieszko
    Free Member

Also have Beastie Boys – Intergalactic. I did have peanut butter jelly time before and also THIS for text messages. Most of the time phone is on silent though, especially when I'm on the bike.

[edit] I'm 24, not retarded but slightly childish 😉

slimtubing
    Free Member

Mine is the opening bars of She sells sanctuary, unfortunately it includess about 6 seconds of that strange whirring before Billy's iconic picking, I often miss calls because I didint get it it time.

uplink
    Free Member

I have the intro to this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

& The Von Bondies – C'mon C'mon

duntmatter
    Free Member

Plastician – Walk in the carpark
    Starts quiet and builds nicely without suddenly going mental.

It's important to let people know the things I like isn't it?

A bit like posting on a forum, I think.

megastream
    Free Member

Tour de France theme tune

uplink
    Free Member

Tour de France theme tune

didn't know it had one other than Kraftwerk

AndyP
    Free Member

Mine makes a noise like a phone ringing.

Seriously, musical ringtones are OK if you are 15 or retarded. Otherwise stick to something simple. + approx 1000.

mine's always on silent.

allyharp

Scorpion's – He's a Woman She's a Man.

However it is on silent about 70% of the time.

johnners
    Free Member

It's important to let people know the things I like isn't it?

A bit like posting on a forum, I think.

Only a wee bit. It's much more akin to playing music through the speaker on your mobile while using public transport, or treating the shopping precinct to your latest musical love via the open windows of your Saxo.

rOcKeTdOg

ST Jimmy by Green Day

younggeoff

'For those about to Rock'

GrahamS

I LOVE ringtones! I have "Crazy Frog" which is great because I'm a bit crazy, so now when my phone rings everyone is like "Is that Crazy Frog?" and I'm like "Yeah" and they're like "You're really mad you are" and I'm like "I know, I'm mental me", then they're like "But that's really old" and I'm like "Yeah but that makes it even crazier"
    Sometimes I'll call myself, just so I can let everyone hear it and they'll know what a crazy fun guy I am.

😉

Reluctant
    Free Member

Grandaddy – "Melody 180"; partly cause I love Grandaddy but also because that intro was actually written to be used as a ringtone.

djc1245
    Free Member

Was thinking of Plaistow Patricia by Ian Dury but could be embarassing i suppose. Plumped for Jump Around by House of Pain instead.

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

The intro is very important on a ring tone, and too many great tracks dont actualy make very good ringtones. In the past Ive used 'learn to fly' – foo fighters, 'sweet child of mine' and a couple from prodigy, currently on my favotite which is the theme to the old chinese series 'MONKEY'
    and it starts at the 'AAAaaaaaachaaaaaaaaa!!!!'
    I fookin love it.

waynekerr
    Free Member

Guitar solo from Hotel California.

Mine is the opening bars of She sells sanctuary, unfortunately it includess about 6 seconds of that strange whirring before Billy's iconic picking, I often miss calls because I didint get it it time.

You can download free software to loop whatever part of the song you want, take only a few mins to do.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Always the same one

Tijuana Taxi from Herb Alpert and his Tijuana Brass

stumpy01

I've got the theme to Magnum PI at the moment, but i've also got the Back To The Future theme tune that I flit between…..

And my text alert is the bloke from 'The Princess Bride' shouting 'inconceivable', but I've also go 'Oh, behave' from Austin Powers, various ones downloaded from the Radio 1, and some other soundbites from BTTF.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Dimmu Borgir – (the intro to) Progenies of the Great Apocalypse

bigyinn
    Free Member

Oooh thats a pretty symphonic start to a track, takes a bit too long to get going. (not a bad album tho BTW)
    My ringtone is Hollow Ground by the Hounted – No itro, just straight into it, head-banging metal. Raaar!
    My text tone is quagmine saying ""heh, heh, alriiiight".

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Mine makes a noise like a phone ringing.

Seriously, musical ringtones are OK if you are 15 or retarded. Otherwise stick to something simple.
    (High Fives)

yossarian
    Free Member

ringtone – white man in hammersmith palias
    text tone – my 3rd year old shouting 'bollocks!'

badblood
    Free Member

ac/dc – back in black for me at the minute

may change soon though as the intro is a little on the quiet side

bananaworld
    Free Member

Woo hoo. Yet another thread dedicated to those who like to boast about how much more ecclectic and alternative their tastes are than everyone else's.

SaxonRider

Ride of the Valkyries – Wagner

Because I enjoy making people wait while I pick up the phone.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I have 3 to suit my varying moods / split personality…

1) ClassicBell by Samsung – for general use.
    2) Vibrate by Samsung – for when I'm in the office.
    3) Silent by Samsung – for when I'm asleep.

I'm so street it hurts!

simonralli2
    Free Member

God Put A Smile On Your Face by Coldplay as the ringtone and for text message alerts Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol.

kpt1972
    Free Member

Ian Brown – F.E.A.R

bigyinn
    Free Member

bananaworld – Member
    Woo hoo. Yet another thread dedicated to those who like to boast about how much more ecclectic and alternative their tastes are than everyone else's.

Other threads are available…..

votchy
    Free Member

Dude looks like a lady by Aerosmith for calls and texts are the sound of a heavy calibre machine gun being cocked then fired. I don't give a flying f*ck what anyone else thinks about me, I'm happy 😀

Did have 'Ginger's are creepy' for texts but this may offend some so changed it

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Jimmy Eat World – Bleed American

Used to be the orb – clouds untill someone pointed out to me that "the smack of willow on leather" might have a different meaning from which point it just conjoured up images of Max Mosley.

Before that it was a bit of a mash up I made of pendulum tracks slam/voodoo people/tarantula

Pyro

Manakin – 'Gun' (Bahraini rock music) when I'm out and about I'm not cool or retarded, but my Nokia's standard ringtones are all crap.

My works mobile has Joseph Arthur's 'In The Night' as the ringtone. This occasionally surprises clients, but one did ask me what it was and has apparently subsequently bought the album.

tonto
    Free Member

Blister in the Sun – Violent Femmes

joolsburger
    Free Member

I have Tarzan doing his yell thing, it's loud.

Travis

Rule Britannia – Elgar 😀

metalheart
    Free Member

In the holster – Iggy & The Stooges: Penetration (remixed version)

Out – Merle Haggard: Workin Man's Blues

4130soul
    Free Member

Althea & Donna: Uptown top ranking

i did have Jimmy Cliffs: you can get it if you really want but everytime i heard that song i reached for my phone.

though its pretty much always on silent while at work

AndyP
    Free Member

Rule Britannia – Elgar
    FAIL…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘What track do you have as your ringtone atm?’ is closed to new replies.