Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Merrell shoes sizing?
  • cove123

do they come up small, brought a 9 yesterday tried it on in shop thought it was ok, now i have adjusted laces, feels quite tight even with thin socks on today?

chainslapp
    Free Member

I did exactly the same thing. They do come up on the small size IMO.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Yup, I have a size 12 here, I normally float between a 10 and and 11 in other makes.

[pedant mode]
    BOUGHT
    [/pedant mode]

robgarrioch

I've always found them too narrow, as well as coming up short. Probably just due to my disproportionate sz. 12 plates though.

crikey
    Free Member

If you are struggling to buy the right size shoes maybe you should take your Mum along next time… 🙄

FuzzyWuzzy

Hmm I have three different styles of Merrells and and they're all normal fit for me (i.e. same size as shoes and trainers), if anything they're slightly on the large size.

coffeeking
    Free Member

It's a fair point from crikey – surely you test it in the shop rather than just shoving your foot in and then paying?

birky
    Free Member

Same here when I bought a pair last week. Usually size 9 but needed 10s.

cove123

fair points about testing in shop, but had gift voucher since Aug and was living in fear Blacks would go bust before i spent it! so 20% off shoes plus Voucher i rushed in…….

coffeeking
    Free Member

I did something similar cove – I got 50% off as my local blacks was closing, but now my merrells are creaking and seem to have an internal problem in the heel and they're not returning my emails (merrell).

MikeG

I have wide feet and can't wear Merrells anymore, about 5/6 years ago they were a great fit, I'm a 9 1/2 and a 10 was perfect with a thick pair of socks.
    I tried just about the whole range on this summer and even with really thin socks a 10 pinched my toes but pulled off at the heel.
    It's not just Merrell that have gone narrow. I tried North face and Berghaus as well and they were all tight. I've ended up with a pair of Brashers which are better but not super loose.
    Annoyingly the really cheap Karrimor's chav sports sell fit well but are awful quality.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I'm convinced that shoe sizing has gone to pot and that my feet are shrinking, now I'm wearing eights where as previously I would wear nines and in my yoof I wore tens, what the hell is that all a boot?

diggers
    Free Member

bought 9's cheap online, needed a ten. stupidly narrow!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Merrell shoes sizing?’ is closed to new replies.