• This topic has 40 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by ant77.
Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)
  • What to eat during a race
  • ant77
    Free Member

Top tip from MTB tips YouTube channel, is to tape your gels to your top tube by their tabs. That way, you can tear them open with one hand, not risk dropping the tab and not have to fish through old sticky wrappers in your jersey pocket as it can be for empties only.

Be careful with the finish on your bike with this.
    I did it on my road bike and it took off the top decal layer when the tape came back off again. Not happy. Was only electrical tape, so nothing strong.
    Is fine when done on my hard tail, but that’s 13 years old and is bashed right up!

It does have the benefit of being able to plan which gel you want when as well. normal, caffeine, carnitine. Save’s the randomisation you get with a jersey pocket. Also, on the mtb tape the bottom one to the frame top and bottom (less securely) and then each layer on top of that onto the one below in the same way to stop them flapping about all over the place.

In terms of nutrition I tend to just use gels and electrolyte in liquid. I use a camelbak, but that’s so I can drink a lot as I sweat heavily and cramp a lot. Though I wonder if I’d sweat less through not having it on my back and need less. Chicken/Egg.

Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)

The topic ‘What to eat during a race’ is closed to new replies.