Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What to do with post for previous home owner
  • cheers_drive

Recently I've started getting 20-30 items of post for the previous owner of my house. I've been here 18 months and until recently there was perhaps 3 or 4 a week which I simply wrote 'return to sender on' and posted.
    I assume his postal redirection has ended now and I getting really pissed off and coming back to a big pile of someone elses mail every day. He fitted double glazing so most of the mail is brochures for glazing components or general building supplies.
    I believe it's illegal to destroy someone elses post, does this apply even if it's just brochures?

firestarter
    Free Member

i had this when i moved i didnt destroy it i just put it in the bin to moved somewhere else 😉

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Same problem here.

Open any catalogues etc and call them to get your address removed from the mailing service.

Or register your address Here:

MPS

owenfackrell
    Free Member

We still get stuff here for the previous owner and we bought the house in 2001. We have tried the 'return to sender not know at this address' route but still get the stuff so its filled under RB otherwise know as the recycle bin.

Lummox

just bin it, my place had a transport company operate out of it. After 12 months i'd had enough, 7 years on it all goes in the bin, including the cheques from clients. I don't feel a pang of guilt about it.

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

burn it….open it if its a parcel…or intersting…its delivered to your house so its urs…

Chase
    Free Member

If you put it back in the postbox marked 'not at this address' or similar this is what happens….

If it has a return address on it it will get returned to sender, but there is nothing to say they will act upon it once it is returned.

If it has a first or second class stamp on it but no return address on the envelope it goes to Belfast to be officially opened. If there is a return address inside it will get returned, but again, there is nothing to say they will act upon it once it is returned.

If there is no return address either inside or out it goes in a big bag marked 'Confidential Waste' and gets incinerated, and trust me sh**loads get dealt with in this way.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What to do with post for previous home owner’ is closed to new replies.