Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • What tipple for my ST hip flask
  • Kahurangi

What NON WHISKY tipple for a hip flask, for night rides – -cold, wet, dry, frosty, as the come?

I love the inscription 🙂

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Brandy innit!

Nick

sloe gin

TooTall
    Free Member

home made sloe gin. Unbeatable.

clubber
    Free Member

Poteen!

sc-xc

Drambuie. Super sweet and warming.

gusamc
    Free Member

whisky mac

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Calvados. Get the good stuff, though! The more "rustic" Calvados will put hairs on your eyeballs!

borwens
    Free Member

Gotta be port, absolutely no question about it, end of……

flippinheckler
    Free Member

If you want a real trippy groovy ride then it has to be Absinthe! Dare you :mrgreen:

Kahurangi

Nick, TT – I've never been much of a gin drinker so I'm not about to start harvesting sloe berries for gin-making… but what does sloe gin taste like really?

/edit. apparently we have some sloe gin on the shelf, will report back later

I may go for some port though… love it.

Calvados is something else I've never really tried, but sounds excellent in principle 😀

p.s. the Non-whisky-ness is a specific request due to the inscription involving fast friends and one of them being a non-whisky drinker!

gusamc
    Free Member

I'm a non whisky drinker – in fact the smell of some is pretty close to getting my gag reflex going, however for some totally obscure reason I like whisky mac, it just seems to smooth and mellow it and turn it into something that gives you the warm inner glow carry on

sweepy
    Free Member

a nice dark rum

RichPenny
    Free Member

Sloe gin generally tastes nothing like gin – it's quite sweet and fruity, with a hint of almond if your recipe is successful I believe. This year I've made blackberry and ginger gin as well. It's bloody lovely 🙂

euroboy
    Free Member

Which SPD carpet slippers will you be wearing?

Kahurangi

My slippers don't have cleat mounts so I have to use flats

euroboy
    Free Member

He he a man with a sense of humour 😉 – try a bloody mary that'll warm you up!

Frankers
    Free Member

Killepitsch

Or Jagermeister

Will warm you up

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

A decent rum, something like a Barbancourt 8 year old or Diplomatico Reserva 12yo works well for me, warming without being a whisky.

marti
    Free Member

Jagermister works for me, goes well with the jelly babies. Im also a fan of the cheep tequila minuters, the ones with the red hats.

TrekMart
    Free Member

The only thing to put in a hip flask is malt whiskey.Your friend needs an education on the finer things in life – like mtb'ing and malt whiskey. Try a Talisker or Laphroaig or Glenfarclas 10 year old, or go for the slightly less peaty Glenmorangie or Glenfiddich.A proper drink rather that will warm the cockles on a cold night's ride.

kerbdog
    Free Member

Hine Cognac The rare vsop will set you back £50 but it is worth it!

thomthumb
    Free Member

bucky

thv3
    Free Member

Wow, I don't know a friend that would stop me putting a single malt in the hip flask! 😯

Maybe you should rethink your friendship?

speaker2animals

Sloe gin, port or whiskey mac

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘What tipple for my ST hip flask’ is closed to new replies.