Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What sunglasses were Richard Hammond wearing in the Bolivia Top Gear episode?
  • CTML
    Free Member

Sorry, really didn't want to start a new topic on something petty but I just couldn't find them…so what were they and where can I get some!

Here is a still from iplayer

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I think they are Wiley X – used to be imported but not sure if they are anymore. I MIGHtT hVe the guys contact details when I go back to the office in 4 Jan. As used by American military. I have a few pairs 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member
    atlaz
    Free Member
    CTML
    Free Member

Yes! they definitely look like they're Wiley X but can't really put my finger on which ones though whatdya think?

The Brick

Or the Jake

Better prices than Oakley's too, may have to get friends from the US to order me a pair, the UK dealers are really expensive considering the RRP 😯

chameleon78
    Free Member

I though they were Oakley Jawbones?

tootallpaul

Does anyone know anywhere in the South East that I can try on a pair of the Wiley's?

I likes em…

:o)

CTML
    Free Member

I originally thought it was the Jawbone too but if you compare them, the jawbones' are more angular and the lens on it isn't actually that big. I like the Wiley X's goggle-like design which should be good for keeping the mud out but unfortunately been round a few shops in Cambridge this afternoon, couldn't find them anywhere 😕

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

When I get back to the office I will contact the guy who (used to ?) import them ( we did his website years ago) and see if he still does or can point you in the right direction 🙂

CountZero

Must say they're pretty tasty. I like the retaining strap, they're a whizzy type of aviator goggles. Neat.

tootallpaul

Cheers mastiles. That would be great!

P

khani
    Free Member

some on ebay at mo, ranging from £60-120

Pigface
    Free Member

Not convinced they are Willeys.

DrJ

Cool glasses, but maybe there's a danger that people will think you want to look like Richard Hammond?!

CountZero

Pigface – Member
    Not convinced they are Willeys.

Maybe not, but they're so close as makes no difference, and Hamster's not going to be wearing a cheap knock-off.
    Who cares? Wiley's are quite good enough for me.

Johnboy373
    Free Member

I have a pair of wiley sg1's there good although they steam up like hell on climbs!! US military use them, I seen some interesting pictures online showing how good they protect your eyes.

I wear contact lenes and it hurts like hell when i get dust in my eyes so I bought these after seeing them on the gadget show. But the constant steaming up and goggle like looks I've ended up ditching them for endura stingrays.

I got my wileys off ebay from U.S. about 50quid i think.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

As promised, this is the guy we have worked with in the past but he doesn't seem to be doing the Wileys anymore…
    Xtreme Eyewear but his site isn't much use. Might have to give him a call about that.

CountZero

Watching a couple of sets on eBay at the mo'. Pretty cheap, but the postage bites you in the ass!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What sunglasses were Richard Hammond wearing in the Bolivia Top Gear episode?’ is closed to new replies.