Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What size Thunderbird 2 toy for 6year old?
  • Earl
    Free Member

Buying some stuff for my nephew and have a choice of a 6" T2 or the much larger one (20" I think). What would a 6 year old boy prefer? Are they interested in the figurines as well?

bassspine
    Free Member

go bigger!

druidh
    Free Member

Big enough that he can crawl inside!

Earl
    Free Member

Crumbs I'm out of touch!

Earl
    Free Member

Crumbs I'm out of touch! I though the small diecast ones were the way to go.

How about the figurines? Get some or not?

project
    Free Member

Where do you buy a Thundrbird 2, and i almost bought Thunderbird One and Two,second hand a few weeks ago,in an antiques shop in Rawtenstall, on the way back from a Brownbacks race, but actually bought Virgin and Scott Tracy, and you press their chests and they talk.

I now want a TB2 with a TB4 in the pod.

Also are they the TB`s from Gerry Anderson era, or the newer ones from the new film.

Earl
    Free Member

Don't know if new or old – does it make much difference?
    Dont know much about tb's at all really besides knowing that I do like tb2/tb4 if any.

project
    Free Member

TB 2 G A type was more old fashioned looking the newer model is more roundes and looks like a jelly mould.

Both have pods that store the machinery used in a rescue, TB4 was a yellow submersible submarine , that was used to seal a leaking oil well, and it worked, and that was back in 1966.

Earl
    Free Member

TB4 was a yellow submersible submarine , that was used to seal a leaking oil well, and it worked, and that was back in 1966.

he he!

antigee

ok grown ups what do kids like?

i'd find out if already got anything cos' kids like stuff to be in scale – won't mix big and little
    yes figurines as role play is what will do – i'd go small if means more stuff – big if can afford

am right in thinking that back in the 60's when i watched it in black & white didn't the guys back in the control room have a cigarette break after a particularly difficult rescue?

MadBillMcMad

Big enough that he can crawl inside!

Big enough that YOU can crawl inside!

bassspine
    Free Member

can anyone explain why models of TB2 appear in blue sometimes? I don't remember it ever being anything other than green on the telly (well, grey actually, until the mid 70's; we were a bit behind the white hot edge of technology)

SST
    Free Member

I've actually got a TB2 with a mini TB4 and a TB1 and 3 out in my garage I think. TB2 is about 40cm long.

Earl
    Free Member

Ok
    Whats a ball park price for the big TB2 in this photo?

TB2

project
    Free Member

Antigee, only Lady Penelope smoked and then with a cigaretten in a holder.

Basspine, TB2 was alwayd in green unless you had a B and W tv 😆

SST, how much do you want for them,

bassspine
    Free Member

mystery machine

apparently dinky were prone to painting tv models in the wrong colours, I discovered – it wasn't just an hallucination

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What size Thunderbird 2 toy for 6year old?’ is closed to new replies.