• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Kit.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What simple photo editor?
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

What can I download that allows me to import a photo and then draw lines on it? Maybe change colours of those lines a bit. Must be dead simple and free.
    In the good old days of MS XP I would have used Paint that came with the machine but my latest Pc running W8 updated to 10 shows nothing like that.

matt_outandabout

Picasa for simple cropping/colouring/managing.
    I also use Photoscape for batch stuff and slightly more faffing.
    Gimp for proper photoshop esque (I probably use once per year)…

mogrim

Paint .Net is free and works well – you’ll need to use layers if you want to change the colour of the lines after painting, though. (i.e. the lines aren’t directly editable as they would be with a vector editor.)

If editing lines (and other objects) is important you could try Inkscape.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Mobile and IOS? I can recommend Enlight. £2.99 on the App Store.

Cougar

+1 for Paint.net. It’s great, reminiscent of the old Paint Shop Pro if anyone remembers that.

GIMP is well regarded also, but I don’t get on with it myself.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I use GIMP, works well once you get the hang of it. Drawing lines on a pic is dead easy on it though.

miketually
    Free Member

If you want really simple, paste the image into Word/GoogleDocs/whatever, draw your lines, take a screenshot.

🙂

mogrim

If you want really simple, paste the image into Word/GoogleDocs/whatever, draw your lines, take a screenshot.

I was going to suggest that, then realised you’d still quite possibly need Paint or Paint .Net to cut the title bar off.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

PaintShop Pro, simple and great

miketually
    Free Member

I was going to suggest that, then realised you’d still quite possibly need Paint or Paint .Net to cut the title bar off.[/quote]

You can get nice screenshot software that allows you to select just a specific area.

Gary_M
    Free Member

You can get nice screenshot software that allows you to select just a specific area.

Or use the snipping tool in windows

mogrim

Good point, forgot about the snipping tool. Which I have used extensively 😳

number18
    Free Member

ipiccy

Upload your photo, edit, then save to your files. Easy!

mrsfry
    Free Member
    Kit
    Free Member

Did MS get rid of Paint only for Windows 8? My fresh install of Windows 10 has it – I regularly use it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What simple photo editor?’ is closed to new replies.