Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • what shoes for platform pedals…best bargains?
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

everyone is gonna say 5 10's but at around £50 thats a bit much for me.
    i only have platform pedals for the odd day (gnaring it to the max baby!- sorry couldnt stop myself)then im back to spuds for regular duty.

GW
    Free Member

Try ASDA, do you wear cheap shoes in every day life too?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Have a look in tx maxx I got a pair of skate style shoes in the sale section for under a tenner.

odannyboy
    Free Member

its not so much about being cheap, ill happily pay £60 quid for 5 10's but im not going to actually wear them much.having said that there is also no point painga tenner for a trainer and coming off every ten mins due to losing my footing.
    so too reword the OP what shoes are people wearing that are cheaper than 5 10's??

chakaping
    Free Member

Where you seen 5:10s for £50? I'll buy some!

They are v good, but I noticed at a DH uplift day the other week that most of the other (better than me) riders were just wearing skate shoes.

Before I bought some 5:10s I used some approach shoes, those walking-boot-y trainers with stiff soles and vibram tread. They work well and I still use them now and then.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

We had the same situation a few months back, as we only wear flats sometimes so didn't want to spend a fortune. I got both my hubby and myself some skate shoes from Route One (an online shop) as they always have Vans and Etnies, etc. half price so you're looking at around £30. Some of the Etnies are really grippy (though obviously not 5'10 territory) and the waffle soled Vans I've got are pretty good… hope that helps!

wors

i got some skate shoes from wynsors for £12, they stick like glue

Naranjada
    Free Member

i really like my shimano am40 shoes. the looks aren't to everyone's taste but they're comfy, stiff enough and stick to pedals well; pay £50-60 for a pair or go for cheaper skate or 'approach' shoes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘what shoes for platform pedals…best bargains?’ is closed to new replies.