Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • What saddle gets your vote.
  • cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

+1 for the SDG Bel Air

I’ve had three in all now (one i-beam, one cro-mo rail, one TI rail) & I find them comfortable.

It’s very difficult to be certain which one would suit you best as it depends on the shape of your rear – one of my mates even went to the length of getting his measured to find out which one would be the best fit!

Lifer
    Free Member

Another one for SDG Bel Air, they do a snakeskin one ffs!

nuke

Did like the Charge Spoon but wish it had a groove/hole to stop getting numb bits 😳

Running Spesh Avatar, Selle Italia X0 and Shiver…all nice and comfy and all with grooves

bcjames
    Free Member

I’ve had Specialized BG saddles on all my bikes, but the standard stumpy saddle doesnt get on with my bum. I like the way WTBs look, I’d like to try one of those at some point.

Coyote
    Free Member

WTB Rocket V or Charge Spoon

The WTB is a tad comfier for me than the Charge, but both are good.

What he said.

godzilla
    Free Member

SDG Bell-Air TI. comfy but creaky.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Another vote for SDG Bell Air Ti, dead comfy but a bit squeaky.

HermanShake
    Free Member

I have 2 Bel Airs, but just changing over to a Fizik Gobi on the road bike. One of the online shops is doing a deal on I-beam Bel Airs with the post for cheap.

See if you can sit on a few at your LBS.

jimification
    Free Member

Fizik Gobi XM, great saddle for marathon rides, though from what I’ve read, about 40% of people don’t get on with it.

I actually think the Prologo Scratch Pro saddle that came on my road bike is even better. I’d probably get one of those for MTBing next time.

ruscle
    Free Member

Brooks ti swift.

MrOvershoot

SDG Bell Air on 7 of my bikes, used to use WTB but since trying the Bell Air its that couple of notches better!
    They can creak though which I usually cure by inverting the bike & putting a couple of drops of chain oil on each rail where its attached to the saddle.
    Tried a Charge Spoon which was OK for the first hour or two but thereafter my tackle would go numb.

banginon

Selle Italia Flite Ti, the best bit of kit ever. The one that came on my Orange Evo II (along with a set of Girvin forks) has only just died (heavy landing as foot unclipped in mid air, leading to a very near miss incident with much bruising to the inner thigh, and snapped saddle – DOH!).

No other saddle comes close altho’ I am trying a Silverado it seems a bit ‘flat and wide at the back’.

Has anybody ever had a saddle re – covered with fresh leather?

I do have another old flite but it’s lost the leather at the front.

DanW
    Free Member

WTB Rocket V or Selle Italia SLR

Shape is way may important than padding in my opinion and these are the two I get on best with (although both are obviously quite different from each other).

drofluf
    Free Member

Brooks B17, may take a couple of rides to break in but after that they’re great.

Luminous
    Free Member

Hhmmm.

I’ve come back to this thread and interesting to read some comments.

I’ve got a new build underway. I may look into the Charge Spoon.

😉

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Wtb or Gusset R Series. Exactly the same as a Charge Spoon, but you can get one in tartan or denim. Plus, it won’t be the same saddle as everyone else has. 😉

schmiken

Carbon shelled Aliante.

ruscle
    Free Member

Ritchey WCS Biomax Saddle, can’t go wrong for a leather topped saddle, Ti rails and 200g at £51 from Ribble.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Charge Spoon Ti

simon1975

I hated the Bel Air when I tried that. It felt too wide for me, and disconcertingly flexible. I got on better with the I-Fly but now absolutely love my Selle Italia SLR’s. I’ve also got a Charge Spoon on the commuter/tourer and that works for me too and is great value.

RoterStern
    Free Member

To the OP; When you siad you have been away from MTBing for 8 years does that mean all forms of cycling? If so then I think any saddle is going to hurt after extended riding at the beginning until your ass starts to get used to it again.

For me I like the Spesh Toupe and Phenom saddles. The Selle Italia Flite is also good as well as the SLR which I have an example of each on my bikes. If you want superlight the all carbon Tune saddle is supposed to be very comfy (some friends of mine swear by them) even though there is absolutely no padding on it at all.

bullheart
    Free Member

Charge Spoon/Madison Flux.

Got one of ’em on each of my six bikes.

climbingkev
    Free Member

Charge spoon ti, moved to my new bike and replaced with the cromo version………There is a difference!!! Could be that the ti has been broke in, but the difference is huge! Spoon Ti all the way.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Bel Airs here, tried the Gobi but a pain in the A after an hour our so. Have an On-One on my SS, very cheap and never noticed it – so must be good! Sprog James though seem to get on with all seats so prob an age thing?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

charge spoon ti here, charge knife is good, as is a fizik gobi. WTB and SDG are too bit and padded ime

TiRed

B17. Needs lots of proofhide when it gets wet (often) but I love mine. Should break in faster with the odd soaking. For road I’m a Flite Ti/SLR shape.

jp-t853

Another WTB Rocket V here, I’ve had it for over 5 years and it is still comfy.

Bream
    Free Member

Arione for me, run them on every bike I have, just fit my ass nice 😀

doof_doof
    Free Member

Becker Carbon

joolsburger
    Free Member

WTB silverado works for me

GrumpyDave
    Free Member

Selle Italia Flite on mine. Feels noticeable for the first few minutes and then disappears for the rest of the ride.

GW
    Free Member

anything racy (thin/narrow) with cromo rails. don’t sit on them a whole lot but have bent/broken many in my time through crashes/mistakes.

Ticklinjock

To the OP; When you siad you have been away from MTBing for 8 years does that mean all forms of cycling? If so then I think any saddle is going to hurt after extended riding at the beginning until your ass starts to get used to it again.

What Roter Stern says.
    Give your muscles a chance to tone up before looking for a new saddle.

AlexSimon

Fizik Gobi for me (old and new model)

Tried Specialized body geometry and Bel Air with no luck.

nick1962
    Free Member

+1 for WTB Pure V @ 155mm width ,not exactly XC lite but well padded and perfect for taking bigger hits
    http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/9456/WTB_Pure_V_Race_Camo_Saddle_2006
    Newer WTB Pure models are a tad narrower @ 145mm though and not as comfy IMHO.

campfreddie
    Free Member

i’ve had everything from Flites to Charge Spoons and right now the most comy saddle i’ve used is the WTB Silverado which is on my Turner Flux… I can ride all day and not feel any bad effects… gotta love their terminology though – ‘love channel’…lol

disco_stu
    Free Member

Charge Spoon for me, I’ve got one on my commuter and mtb.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Specialized BG rival 143 on the road bike which is very comfy for me.

Old Selle royal from a giant ocr on the mtb, starting to hurt a little after a few hrs on the saddle.

Old Brooks champion special on the tourer. it is comfy, but suits more of an upright position and since I changed to drop bars has became a gooch killer.

Just get a couple of selle italia saddles off here. Going to see how i get on with them.

stayhigh

Is it just me or does the Charge Spoon and the Madison Flux look pretty much the same just different branding?

phatstanley
    Free Member

i’ll be a wee bit upset if they ever stop making the CHARGE SPOON.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘What saddle gets your vote.’ is closed to new replies.