Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • what pump to fit in saddle bag
  • antigee

as it says – 'other thread on here reminded me broke zip on bag fixing puncture AND pump would hardly give another pressure to get home

thinking of getting a medium top peak bag – any chance of a pump that fits in it?

crispybacon
    Free Member

I keep one of these in my Topeak saddle bag (large) – Innovations second wind mini pump .

It's a CO2 jobbie & a normal pump combined it will do both Presta & Schrader valves & is a smart small piece of kit – you wont be disappointed 🙂

antigee

thanks c-b everytime i see co2 cylinders i think should i bother

but at that price with a recommendation can't really go wrong

crispybacon
    Free Member

but at that price with a recommendation can't really go wrong

To be honest once you try CO2 & see how easy it is to inflate tyres without any effort at all you won't want to go back to a manual pump in a hurray. I buy my CO2 cartridges from Tyre Inflators in bulk & it's the cheapest place I can find.

I've actually got 2 x second winds one for each bike bag 😀

br
    Free Member

I'm on tubeless and use C02 also, and don't actually carry a pump.

Thanks for the link to the cheaper cartridges.

zaskar
    Free Member

Well if you go to Bath from Bristol you'll find my Topeak Rocket AL road pump on the road somewhere I dropped it! Fu*(£(*))("$&Y*$!!!

I recommend it as I could pump to 110psi in a min. I got the smaller unit without the turn handle and used to keep it in medium Topeak saddle bag.

There is a mtb version too.

antigee

thnks zaskar – only 30ish days to go and only thing lost this year was a really old pair of sunglasses (whilst putting cag' on!)

i looked at that on crc and couldn't quite work out why said for road use – now i realise being stupid – what meant was you could 100psi plus

have ordered C-B's suggestion and fingers crossed will fit if not may go for one of these on xmas list

zaskar
    Free Member

Tempted to go for CO2 too but I like to use the old inner tube to check where the puncture position is within the tyre using a pump.

I like the idea of CO2 though.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Tempted to go for CO2 too but I like to use the old inner tube to check where the puncture position is within the tyre using a pump.

This can easily be achieved using the Innovations second wind mini pump – see my first post above for a link – I do use the hand pump function exactly as you state to look for the puncture area. However using CO2 to inflate the tyre is soooo easy…………..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘what pump to fit in saddle bag’ is closed to new replies.