Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What phone for push email?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

On O2, but assuming I don't want a Iphone, & can't be doing with the silly little keys on a Blackberry?

Cheers in advance.

shoei
    Free Member

Palm Pre does Push email fro Exchange. Set it up on some one at works phone. they were most happy.

atlaz
    Free Member

My boss has a palm pre… he hates it. Blackberry, Windows Phone, iPhone or Android phone 🙂

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I wouldn't bother with a Windows Mobile one, the user interface is still cack, especially when put up against the latest (HTC) Android user interface.

I get my Gmail on push on my HTC Hero, easy to set it up as it's the phone's native one, but still really easy.

Sam

I've used a string of phones and my number one requirement is push email. I have gone back to a blackberry. I don't find the keys a problem – you get used to it quite quickly. I had an htc touch pro with a keyboard nearly twice the size and it didn't make it any easier to type on. For ease of use and reliability of push email the bb is unbeatable.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Ok, to 'fess up' I was hoping someone would recommend the Blackberry Storm or pearl, I currently have an XDA guide (windows mobile), its pants!
    I used to have a Nokia E51 (the BB enabled one) & it was great for email, but crap for browsing, I was kind of looking for something that could do both.

Cheers.

Sam

I've got a BB bold 9700 now and the browsing is pretty good IMO. Not quite iphone level. But iphone is just about only good for browsing and making it look as though it's pouring a beer – not actually doing anything (again IM very humble O)

bruneep

I have the storm 2, great for email etc but its no iphone. It depends what you want it for?

xiphon
    Free Member

Android 🙂

CHB

HTC HD2. Brilliant.

solar
    Free Member

I have a storm2, bought it not expecting much, but I have to say typing on it is great. Much prefer it to the other touch phones I've used. Girlfriend has a blackberry curve 8900 which I also like but I now prefer the storm2.

Mounty_73

Bold 9700

Cletus

HTC Desire

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

So what's push email? All I do no is that the email app on the desire is crap, much worse than Windows mobile

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Push email simply means that the mail gets sent to your phone without you needing to manually or automatically connect to the internet, pull on the otherhand means you have to configure your phone to check for mail every X minutes, 5 minutes normally being the shortest you can have, right up to manually.

Cheers.

donsimon
    Free Member

Blackberry Curve here, and no problems.
    How did I live without it?

bruneep

aye get mail on my Blackberry storm before it comes through outlook.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What phone for push email?’ is closed to new replies.