Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • what pad compound do hope put in v2 and x2 brakes?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Of course power will be different but so are the bite characteristics. Is this due to different pad compounds? Wondered if the v2 comes with organic and the x2 sintered?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Both the X2’s and M4’s come with organic pads as standard. IIRC Hope pads are rebranded Goodridge

Onzadog
    Free Member

Interesting. I knew the hose was goodridge. I didn’t know the pads were. Do they still use the same colour coded backing plates? Both were on black backing plates.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone?

rickon
    Free Member

It’s the same for all brakes,

-Organic is better from cold – and relatively quiet – but exhibits low durability.

-Sintered is better for long descents and gritty / muddy conditions, with high durability – but noisy in the wet.

Kevlar is a good compromise, which SSC provide – good grip from cold, and good durability in the grit.

Your application should define what solution you use. Over the winter I’ll be sintered only on my Tech X2 and Race X2s.

In general, whatever pad you decide to go for, as long as you get used to how it performs and feels – you’ll be fine 🙂

Brake-neck
    Free Member

New sintered back and front in my V2s at the weekend, quiet once run in even in the wet/snow at the weekend.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Interesting. I knew the hose was goodridge. I didn’t know the pads were. Do they still use the same colour coded backing plates? Both were on black backing plates

No, black for the organic and gold/copper colour for sintered, at least for the M4 and X2 pads. IIRC it was the same for the Mono Mini pads as well.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Copper for the sintered I just fitted.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers guys. I fitted some for a friend at the weekend. V2 up front, x2 at the rear. Obviously, the rear has a smaller rotor and piston and is on the back. It just doesn’t seem to have any bite (i was expecting less than the front but still some bite.). The front is perfect, one finger over the bars stuff. And yes, both have been bedded in.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘what pad compound do hope put in v2 and x2 brakes?’ is closed to new replies.