• This topic has 51 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Yak.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • What new stuff on your bike do you need/want
  • emsz
    Free Member

New set of wheels, there’s nothing wrong with what I’ve got, but my dads just picked up some Flows and they are so lush

New saddle, really do need as mines splitting.

Probs something in the chain/mech as its skipping at the minute

bikebouy
    Free Member

Need – Mav’s Cosmic Carbones 40mm please, ta.

Thats it.
    😀

flyingmonkeycorps

Stronger legs, more brave and skills please.

And my Reverb back (it’s being serviced). And some yellow grips, because I have pink bars so it would look like battenburg.

kimbers

carbon rims!

again dont need

not sure they really save much weight, or that I wouldnt trash them, but….

sandwicheater

Longer forks. I’m sure the 20mm more travel will make the trails come alive.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Nothing really, everything’s fine, though it would be nice to get the fat bike finished, so some SC32s.

nickjb
    Free Member

Just bought new(ish) forks as wanted something a bit longer travel. Didn’t really need them. Of course that meant a new wheel as I’ve gone bolt through. Also bought some new brakes as the on-line price was too good to miss. That meant I needed two sets to do the wife’s as well.

fathomer

I certainly don’t need them but I really want a set of XTR cranks, just can’t justify it though.

warton
    Free Member

On the Canyon Aeroad – New Saddle, Fizik Antares

On the new C2W Planet X I’ve yet to receive – Ultegra Cranket, Ultegra Brakes, Fizik SAntares Saddle, pedals, garmin cadence kit.

On the Boardman CX Bike – New BB.

gogg
    Free Member

Rear suspension, but as I just pimped my 12 year old hard tail, that’s gonna be a while.

P20

Pikes. Current forks are knackered

trickydisco
    Free Member

Those light bicycle carbon rims, a coil shock for the alps, a dropper, a new cyclocross frame, a 2nd set of mud tubs for racing,

notmyrealname
    Free Member

New wheels.

Don’t need them, just want them. Ordered today, should be here Wednesday 😀

Can’t afford any more bike bits for now 😯

tomhoward

Dura Ace Di2 for the fast/summer road bike.

It’s being fitted tomorrow 😀

Oh, and an Alps/Whistler bike.

creamegg
    Free Member

rims / wheels
    saddle
    bars
    jockey wheels
    new chain & cassette soon
    rear tyre

binners

Need? Looking at the Sorry state of my hard tails drive chain after a filthy lancashire winter it’ll probably drop off of its own accord tonight. I’ve been trying to eke it out for as long as possible, as I didn’t want to put the nice shiny XT cranks’n’mechs’n’stuff (presently sat in the dining room) on it until the ankle deep grinding paste has dried up a bit

Stuff that I want? Ooooohhhh where to start….. 😀

crush83
    Free Member

I want a set of mavic crossmax enduro wheels for my pivot

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

reverb
    new set of wheels
    frame
    XTR drivetrain 1*10 (would settle for XT)
    New Talas forks
    carbon handle bars – easton 680mmm
    Avid Exlixr CRs – (I know, i just like them ok!)
    Fizik gobi
    Frame – not sure whch one but full sus maybe a Covert?

Ooops that’s a whole new bike 🙄

scaled
    Free Member

New wheels, I could just replace the bearings in my rear wheel (with the set that are in my toolbox) but the freehub is scored to ****, the rim has seen much better days and the wobble in it is never really trued out.

And a whole new drive train really.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Need? Absolutely nothing.

Want? Now that’s a whole different ball game, a game that never ends.

emsz
    Free Member

so it would look like battenburg.

😆 8)

I want some new pedals as well, a pair of the Hope ones in Red please

toby1

My bike wrote me a letter and just asked for a lighter rider, it gets a hard life!

I actually do need to redo the gear cables as both are fraying and shifting is horrible at the moment.

akira

Hope/Marge lite wheelset, race face xx1 and carbon fork for the fatty. New lighter wheels for the road bike. Oh and a BMC TF01 as tried one and is lovely.

akira

Don’t need anything though.

lemonysam
    Free Member

time.

mrblobby
    Free Member

All in need of muc-off. Even the summer road bike after an ill advised outing on Sunday.

Want… one of them new RS-1 USD forks for the xc race bike 🙂

ads678

New rear shock and some slightly wider flatter fancier bars.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

A decent rider?

danielgroves
    Free Member

A trail bike again. Although, in all honestly, I’m riding just as hard rigid, and still mates behind on their full-suss’ bikes on the downs.

rocketman
    Free Member

Need? Nowt
    Want? Nowt just glad to be able to ride what I’ve got as frequently as I do

grum
    Free Member

Nothing at the moment – what the hell is wrong with me? Been riding quite a bit recently and I’m pretty happy with my setup.

Would sort of like to lighten it up by swapping coil forks/shock for air but it’s not going to happen any time soon I don’t think.

downhilldave

Would like some lighter wheels for my Spicy Team but think it would result in the removal of some attached bits 😳

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’m riding just as hard rigid,

😆

Oh and some shallower drop bars for the summer road bike.

BadlyWiredDog

A nine-speed, rapid rise, Shadow + clutch mech would be nice. I have a feeling that’s not about to happen though.

And a new lower air spring assembly tube thing for my old Pike Air U-Turns as there’s play, read ‘click/knocking’, from the negative chamber air valve coming loose on the end of the shaft and crimping it back in place doesn’t seem to be an enduring solution.

And I’d like to try some Enve wheels out of sheer curiosity, though I’m never, ever going to spend that much on a set of wheels.

user-removed
    Free Member

I tried to spend a CRC £50 credit today. Couldn’t find anything I needed, let alone wanted. Last purchase was a set of Ergo bar end copies from China. They’re fitted to the cargo bike and very comfy 🙂

Northwind

Lucky enough to be respeccing an old bike with largely new parts just now so building it exactly how I want- not a fantasy spec but definitely a bloomin nice one.

So the part I want is the Works headset that it needs to work, which they’ve apparently made but not put on sale yet. And the Lightbicycle rims which are on order but not yet shipped. Once those are sorted it’s plain sailing.

wiggles
    Free Member

My bike needs nothing except a good rider. I want sa dropper for it however…

fozzybear
    Free Member

My last purchase…
    Did I need them… Nope.. I wanted them though..

JoeG
    Free Member

Full suspension bike fork needs serviced (leaving lots of oil on the stanchion) and the shock probably should be as well. Lots of upgrades last year, new brakes in Jan.

Fatbike needs a carbon fork; and tires and Stan’s fatbike rims for the 2nd wheelset. But On-One seems to make about 2 forks per month, so they sell out in less than a minute. And Stan’s now says their fatbike rims are due in the fall; it was spring. 🙁

Retrobike #1 needs rear wheel rebuilt. Retrobike #2 needs decals and a seatpost and a computer. Retrobike #4 needs a seatpost and maybe a saddle.

Retrobike #5 still needs to be found… 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

just a couple of things
    Hope T Rex – in the post
    Race Face Next SL’s
    Saddle – actually do need after a crash but a charge spoon suits my arse
    The new hope wheels look nice

oh and XX1

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘What new stuff on your bike do you need/want’ is closed to new replies.