Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • What new Hardtail
  • Sammo
    Free Member

Hey Guys,

My latest bike masterplan is to convert my 3 (Scott Ransom, Kinesis Maxlight & Specialized P2) mtb's atm into one do it all hardtail. Was just looking for some opinion on the frames I've seen, and of course to see if I've overlooked any.

There are the On-one 456 Carbon Which is affordable if I preorder for £400. There is of course the steel 456, but i have to say i hate the look of the new ones! Loved the old baby blue ones though.

Ragley Blue Pig

Dialled Alpine

So what do you reckon?? Cheers in advance guys

giantjason
    Free Member

i would say a DB Alpine but thats biased as i own one and not ridden any of the others.

BigJohn

Cotic Soul has to be in the mix.

I rode mine geared round the Lakes on Friday, (2×9) then on Saturday I converted it back to singlespeed (34:18, no tensioner) and had a nice blast around Cannock Chase yesterday.

Sammo
    Free Member

mmm that does sound nice. Do you reckon it could take the fox 36 talas im planning on putting on it?

Candodavid
    Free Member

Selling a Ti 456 if interested, medium, very little use

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Suggest a maxlight 120 or ragley ummmbop should be thrown in that mix

Thanks for considering the Alpine.

You may also want to consider the new Reynolds 725 version of the Prince Albert frame if you're not going to be using >140mm travel forks.

Sammo
    Free Member

Hey Mike, i think i'd prefer the alpine tbh, probably will have slightly more travel on the front. Is it just the red or green you do it in at the moment? I Loved the purple you used to do!

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

On-One Carbons are all sold out, so you probably can't get the discounted price now. But what's wrong with the Maxlight that you already own?

Sammo
    Free Member

I want something more hardcore, something that i can stick my 6" 36's on and take down some DH tracks, and then wind the forks down to 120mm and go out on it all day. Love the speed of the maxlight, but its just not right for when the going gets steep/gnarly.

trout
    Free Member

Loving my MMMBop with all the old bits on from the Broken PACE RC303 👿

some real nice touches like the bolt on cable holders and the chainring to chainstay clearance

Hi Sammo, that's fair enough. Wasn't sure what fork you were going for as the original post didn't mention, and I didn't want the Prince Albert to be overlooked 😉

It's actually just the red the Alpine comes in for now as all of the greens ones are sold out. Hardly got any 18" frames left (i.e. about 3 in stock), but the 16" ones are well stocked.

kelvin

Sammo, your forks are Fox 36 talas ? << go BFe >> http://cotic.co.uk/product/BFe

mr_mills
    Free Member

I've got a brand new mmmbop frame for sale 🙂

JimBowen
    Free Member

what size is the mmmbop frame you have for sale mr mills?

mr_mills
    Free Member

what size is the mmmbop frame you have for sale mr mills?

It's 16", green. Hope reducer headset fitted. I've also got various other bits available for it, including some 2009 Fox Vanilla 32s.

JimBowen
    Free Member

is it on ebay at the moment?

mr_mills
    Free Member

Nope not on ebay, if you mean the complete bike.

The one I'm selling is a new unused frame.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Evl Sovereign

JimBowen
    Free Member

Ok sounds good, i'm interested…..whats your location and how much do you want for it?

mr_mills
    Free Member

I'm in Merseyside. I had put it in the classifieds for £250 ono including the Hope headset (which had a few months' use in the previous frame). They are £275 in the shops and the headset was about £60.

I can take some pics and send you them if you want to give me your e-mail address.

I've also got the 2009 Fox Vans I was using with the frame if you're interested along with other bits e.g. an SLX chainset, Joplin seatpost, Chromag handlebar etc etc

lrd
    Free Member

I've got a geared Soul & Alpine, and a SS P7. If I could only have one bike it would be a geared P7. If I could only have two bikes it would be a geared P7 and a SS P7. The PA might be similar to the P7 but I shouldn't speculate without riding it.

JimBowen
    Free Member

e-mail address is bazrawlinson_8@hotmail.com

mr_mills
    Free Member

Jim Bowen – I'll try and get some pics sorted tonight or tomorrow for you.

Sammo
    Free Member

Great shout on the BFe, Kelvin! Think the sovereign is just too expensive 🙁

Anyone got any BFe experience?!

Bagstard
    Free Member

I can heartily recommend the Dialled Alpine, I have ridden a few hardtails for DH and having a slightly more giving frame is definitely more comfortable. Personally I would only want steel or ti for this type of bike.

Mine runs Lyrik u-turns and is used for going up, down and along.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘What new Hardtail’ is closed to new replies.