Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 140 total)
  • What motorcycle have you got?
  • tomaso
    Free Member

STW motorcyclists what is in your garage?

In mine behind the mountain bikes, commuters, kids bikes and general junk there are two motorcycles.

The first is my looooooooong standing (literally) project a Honda XBR500 with a shagged engine in the process of getting a NX650 Dominator engine upgrade. Its a sort of cafe racer thing and has CBR jellymould forks wheels and brakes which make a considerable difference to how it rides.

The other motorcycle is a CBR600FN that looks bog standard in aftermarket white fairings that hides a Fireblade engine that has been squeezed between the frame rails. It goes very nicely and has an indecent turn of speed for a 600 :mrgreen:

Lionheart
    Free Member

Neat sleeper mod on the CBR wonder what the bhp per ton comparison with a Fireblade is?

mildred

This is the longest I’ve gone without a road bike – coming up to 3 years now, with my last being a 2005 Kawasaki z750 that I sold in 2010.

Having said that I’m 3/4 way through restoring a 1983 (ish) Yamaha Ty Majesty. I’m struggling for certain parts and enthusiasm. I went a bit OTT on what was meant to be a simple rebuild and it’s turned into a nut & bolt restoration. If its ever finished it’ll be too nice to ride..!

Northwind

Loving the mutant CBR…

Sadly forgotten up the back of the garage is this:

When SVOTMs get old by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

Once upon a time it looked like this, and won prizes.

IMG_0103 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

Not much standard on it, paint by me, cams jets and exhaust got it a little past 80bhp, handling by Ohlins Dymag and Ktech, huge efforts got the weight actually down to be the same as the official Suzuki claimed weight :mrgreen: Loved it, put 40000 miles on it, but pushirons took over and it’s never moved since.

weeksy

KTM Superduke. Akra cans, rc8 throttle bits, some bling.
    2005 Yamaha R1.

Over the past 5 years i’ve had 30 bikes. From a Ducati sport classic, to a Husqvarna Supermoto and 7 KTM’s, 4 Ducatis, 3 R1’s, Tuono’s, Supermotos’, etc etc.

anagallis_arvensis

Four years agi i bought a 1994 F650 single for £900. Still got it done 25k miles on it.

birky
    Free Member

Currently cluttering up the garage …
    2003 BMW R1150GS
    1997 Honda CBR600
    2001 Montesa 315R
    1978 Yamaha TY175

curvature
    Free Member

Ducati 749s

Ridden twice this year. Anybody want buy it?

rp16v
    Free Member

still have my little pug speedfight 100 as my backup scoot and my 3 month old(to me) sv650s in black
    northwind – stunning is that a gsx front end i see?

kilo

I’m going all out for the shonkiest collection (all were under £700 each on ebay);

a kwaker gt550 with top box – upped the cycling commuting so used about a dozen times this year and now with a flat tyre, flat battery and expired mot in the front garden in London – annoying as this year I’ve put a full exhaust and new shocks on it.

Honda C90 and 1968 bantam 175cc both in Ireland. The c90 is one of the most fun bits of kit I’ve had ideal for pootling down country lanes, seriously tempted to get one for london and the bantam is my try at owning a classic bike. Both can be left for a couple of months and start and bring a smile to my face when riding them so ideal for me. I would add they are both ridden in very rural sw Ireland with no traffic, lights, etc.

jota180
    Free Member

In a workshop far away, all but the Jota will be going next year 🙁

79 Laverda Jota 180
    76 Laverda 1000 3Cl
    75 Ducati 250 Desmo
    77 Moto Morini 3 1/2
    Yamaha TZ350
    Yamaha YZ125
    Suzuki PE400

With me now
    Honda XL250

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Moto guzzi cali 1100i.
    650 bandit.
    Sherco st290.
    Does the chinese xr50 copy count?

stratobiker
    Free Member

1974 H2B…..I only ride it on nice days.

mogrim

Yamaha FZ6-N S2, nothing massively exciting about it but it’s great for commuting.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Over the past 5 years i’ve had 30 bikes

😯

Ive only owned 8 different bikes in 20+ years of riding.

79 Laverda Jota 180
    76 Laverda 1000 3Cl
    75 Ducati 250 Desmo
    77 Moto Morini 3 1/2

collection envy!

Just a 2005 R1, had it 4 years. Munqe Chick has a mint Mk1 SV650S.

Have a V-twin craving, head saying KTM SMT for pillion friendly fun, heart says RC8 as they are going for peanuts (new old-stock £8K).

kilo

uselesshippy – Member

Moto guzzi cali 1100i.

Always fancied a cali – they any good?

weeksy

Have a V-twin craving, head saying KTM SMT for pillion friendly fun, heart says RC8 as they are going for peanuts (new old-stock £8K).

I almost bought an RC8 last month for £3500 !!!! great condition but 23,000 on clocks in white/black. I bought the Wilier and the Spearfish instead though.

Woody
    Free Member

ktmblag
    Free Member

I’ve got a ktm 990 adventure and a 640 adventure…

br
    Free Member

Neat sleeper mod on the CBR wonder what the bhp per ton comparison with a Fireblade is?

Probably the same if not worse – Blades’ are light.

I’m 6 months into been bikeless, quite common in my +30 years of riding. Last one was for commuting 🙂

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

In mine there is a Moto Guzzi Griso:

14th August 2012 by Rob Sutherland, on Flickr

Not seen much use this year due to the weather and children… but hopefully get a few more miles on in 2013! I think I only managed 2500 in 2012 and can’t see any more going on now!

konabunny
    Free Member

Over the past 5 years i’ve had 30 bikes.

What the…!

Not mine but a lot like it…but some mush a&e to look at it to buy it just now and hopefully it won’t be mine in 24 hours…

sausagefingers
    Free Member

vespa t5

JasonDS

2005 GSXR 1000 and a mini quad bike for the wee nippers Xmas prezzie.

tomaso
    Free Member

@Lionheart I think its actually heavier than the Fireblade! Not by much but all that steel adds up.

@Northwind my garage is similar with motorcycles used as storage shelves for tyres. My old SV although a hoot to ride always left me wanting more composed suspension and better brakes. Suzuki would do well to follow Triumph with their upgraded versions of their Triples. As a factory upgrade it really wouldn’t add much to what is a very cheap motorcycle.

@weeksy that BIG KTM is very tasty but it would have me up before the judge quikcer than you can say “do a wheelie mister”

@kilo back lane blasting on a C90 is a curiously underrated pleasure and when you get to B and unclassified roads they can cover ground surprisingly quickly.

@jota that is a healthy stable!

@stratobiker that is tootbrush clean!

klumpy
    Free Member

I’ve got:
    A 1996 Fireblade (the best model) that with a little effort would appear mint.

An H reg GPz500 for commuting. It’s a dreadful bike, but twirls through traffic nicely.

A 2007 YZ250 crosser made into enduro. (Anyone here ride enduro and wanna talk tyres..? 😆 )

wrecker
    Free Member

Saving for a Bonneville. Which will then be made to look like this (or as close as possible);

Manbike

weeksy

The R1 is quite clean

sharkbait
    Free Member

Probably not exactly what you were expecting but I’ve got this:

No road bike – and there will never be as it would all go wrong!

firestarter
    Free Member

Tl1000r with lots modded just like the pedal bikes 😉

Dolcered

Kawasaki ER-6F.
    Not fast or fancy but fine for me.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Here’s mine. I’ve had plenty of bigger bikes but this has been the only one for the last seven years. It owes me very little and only does about 500 miles a year but it’s a V-twin and I’m rather fond of it.

failedengineer

I’ve got a Triumph Tiger 800. it’s my 5th Hinckley Triumph in a row. I’ll be doing a little tinkering with the suspension this Winter to give it a more compliantv ride. Buy British!
    That Griso looks fab, a friend of mine has the older 4v one, nice to ride.

I’m thinking of a Bonneville or a Thruxton next. Open faced helmet, jeans, jumpers for goalposts etc.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Commuter

and traded my sportsbike for this in June

bounce

Some cracking bikes lurking on here.

Had this old VTR for 10 years, fitted the later (big) tank, fuel pump, Maxton shock, rebuilt forks and got rid of the horrible red screen. Bar the twice-yearly Scotland tour, am struggling to find a reason to use it these days.

This one went to fund a new MTB last year, lots of fun while it was here.

birky
    Free Member

Posted earlier but got some pics now

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 FZ750’s & a XT600.One of the FZ’s & the XT are fully rebuilt,the other FZ is in boxes with all the paintwork resprayed.If I can work out how to post a pic from my phone I’ll post a picture..

one_bad_mofo

I think I’ve now turned into an old bloke as I’ve got a BMW sitting in the garage. However, it is a R1100S Sport complete with full stainless steel Vanderline exhaust and engine chip. 😉

rocketman
    Free Member

Any excuse for a pic:

failedengineer

Hey Buccaneer, how are you getting on with the Bonnie? Do you miss the power of a sportsbike? Do you ride steadier or do you rag it?

I. Want. One. Royal Enfields are looking good, too. Had a good look around them at the bike show. Don’t know if 27 BHP would be enough though!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘What motorcycle have you got?’ is closed to new replies.