• This topic has 61 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by bol.
Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • What moisturiser are you using these days?
  • Cougar

Boysturiser?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

mefty, not a troll. Just genuinely interested to hear what the guys are using. I find iDave and TSY’s replies insightful. I guess they’d put themselves up there as real men. I like that. I’m impressed with them. As ever.

Coyote
    Free Member

Dry skin sufferer here. I use Neutrogena. Works for me.

Kevevs
    Free Member

great big tub of epaderm 3 in 1 emollient (same as double base?). I get a bit of excema, sorts it out. I also use it on my weary bicycling buttocks and it works a treat.

chewkw
    Free Member

Nivea Aftershave Balm 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Clarins here. Works well, as does their excellent Jeunesse des Mains hand cream.

Alcopop
    Free Member

Been using Men’s Science daily moisturiser for the past 6
    Months best thing I’ve used got some liz Earle as a freebie
    It was not bad didn’t get on with clinique or nivea

Oxboy
    Free Member

Jeez! just been reading a thread where a guy is getting slated for wanting to wear knee pads for xc! And here you are discussing bloody moisturiser for men?????

It’s a crazy mixed up contradiction of a site this!

Alcopop
    Free Member

And that’s what makes it

Oxboy
    Free Member

Makes it what? lol

mefty
    Free Member

Well in that case, if I have some to hand, no pun intended, Nutregena Hand Cream for when my hands are cracking, but as this is essentially Vaseline with a bit extra, Vaseline suffices. Face – water – although I have some stuff that was a freebie at some function. Like my aftershave, it is never used.

Kevevs
    Free Member

oxboy: umm, I wouldn’t slate Duane for riding xc with kneepads. his idea of xc is vastly different to stw’s middle aged idea of xc!

grum
    Free Member

I really don’t think it has anything to do with trying to be macho, but I’ve somehow managed to survive for 30 years without using moisturiser (apart from after getting sunburned).

Kevevs
    Free Member

can you sell your face as prime hardened leather grum or are you just normal, considering we live in a boring climate of little sun
    🙁

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I also use it on my weary bicycling buttocks and it works a treat.

Sweet Jesus I did not need to know that. 😯

Cheapo basic stuff from LiDLs for me. 😀 Most moisturisers are essentially the same anyway, just ponced up with perfumes, colourings and fancy packaging. The basic ingredients are often just simple stuff like liquid paraffin and glycerine.

I use a moisturiser cos swimming dries my skin out a lot, which makes it feel uncomfortable, but yeah, it is pretty much a vanity product unless you have some sort of dermatological condition as Kevevs mentions.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Simple light on t’face, Palmers cocoa concentrate dans le hands. Rough with the smooth.

Kevevs
    Free Member

that does sound very nice. I can’t wait till we all meet up.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Kevevs
    Free Member

**** me you lot care about this…….

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Most important thing for good skin is to get a good night’s sleep.

Kevevs
    Free Member

stuff that doesn’t make me feel cold. roll on central heating…

bol

Surprised no one has mentioned Boots No7 yet. I use their anti-aging(!) SPF15 stuff because I am a soft southern poofter and a bit vain. And because it’s cheaper than the Clinique stuff I used to use.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘What moisturiser are you using these days?’ is closed to new replies.