Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • What makes you scared?
  • donald
    Free Member

Seeing CFH’s link reminds me that I hate Roller coasters. I don’t mind heights and I don’t mind speed but Roller coasters just make me freeze. I think it’s the lack of control.

What scares you?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Heights, but only because I have a massive urge to jump off. WTF is that all about?

Stoner
    Free Member

deep ocean.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

that feeling when you know youre gonna fall off big time, and theres nowt you can do.

domino

This scared me – anything with open-sided big drops. I crawled along Sharp Edge on my hands and knees.

Avocado
    Free Member

Moths. Great big hairy moths. The sort that look more like birds and fly into the bathroom when you’re soaking in the bath on a summer evening.

Once got hyperthermia waiting for one to die…

molgrips
    Free Member

Air – at least, the mtbing kind. I am such a pansy it’s ridiculous. Ok, not as much as a typical weekender, I mean I can get say 2 feet without any bother, but I just can’t attack the jumps enough to do it properly. I can’t do the big plank at Cwmcarn, nor can I do the drop into the second section of the DH course – disgraceful.

Currently, not being able to find a job is scaring me a bit. I’d not care but I can’t sell the house atm either.

Conor
    Free Member

Women, obviously

Android
    Free Member

I have the heights thing, not coz I have an urge to jump off, but what if you freaked and jumped off, or threw someomne else off, or someone else does. makes my feet feel weird!!

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Helicopters. 3000ft in the air, 2 engines, but only one gearbox! Especially with all the accidents atm.

UncleFred
    Free Member

That laughing gnome from Ashes to Ashes. Don’t like that.

Snorkelling under an upturned boat, 10 miles offshore, at night, in 10 foot seas to check if anybody was trapped inside it. That was a pucker moment.

binners

The enormity of life’s challenges. As you stare out at it like a great undiscovered ocean. Trying desperately to comprehend the shear magnitude of it all, and you’re total insignificance in the scale of it, as it stretches out before you

… oh… and clowns

nukeproof
    Free Member

Wasps

Buzzy, agressive, stinging…can’t stand them. Crap at killing insects but I’ll happily napalm a wasp’s nest.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Spiral staircases (yesh, I’m wierd!) the narrow stone ones you get in castles

And flying. Scares me silly.

DezB
    Free Member

Cars. Well the people that are allowed to sit behind the wheel in them.
    I get butterflies everytime I’m getting ready to ride home.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Earth worms I have a serious phobia. Cant go out when its raining sometimes 🙁

grynch
    Free Member

bridges.. big bridges

MrBlond
    Free Member

Ski lifts 🙁

trickpsyclist
    Free Member

Like coffeeking – heights – for the same reason. I have this almost overwhelming urge. It’s like ‘what if i were to take leave of my senses and just throw myself off…’

Flying…it’s the knowledge of almost certain, imminent death shhould things go drastically wrong.

Big things in deep water – lock gates etc…no idea why!!

Coyote
    Free Member

Moths. Terrified of them.

Also high places with open sides. Remember being very scared on the top of the Bluff at Deep Cove with my two kids.

richc
    Free Member

weird I have that about heights as well, wonder why. I don’t even like other people going near them for the same reason that they might jump or I might push them

colnagokid

cows, big ‘orrible black ‘n white monsters!!!

corroded
    Free Member

Dying alone.

corroded
    Free Member

Oh and wasps. Love moths though.

tinker-belle
    Free Member

Will probably be laughed at for this but geese…

hangs head in shame…..

hillsplease

My kids. Knowing bad things will happen to my little girls as they grow up and that’s how life works.

And yacht sailing across shipping lanes in the middle of the ocean. The bit where you realise you’re in a GRP bathtub a mighty long way from land, next to metal things the size of Croydon doing 25 knots and they can’t see you.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I had a mate who was bitten and beaten by his pet goose, probably good reasoning in that tinker!

This fear of jumping/pushing people off heights thing is surprisingly common, im amazed. Maybe time to google!

hillsplease – they can see you, they just dont like you 😉

slowclimb
    Free Member

Financial collapse of the world, proliferation of nuclear and chemical weapons, my kids future, my job, human size cats on their back legs with machine guns

DezB
    Free Member

slowclimb
    Free Member

DezB that is classic, I’ll never sleep tonight 😥
    Somebody on here the other week said something about being scared of cats with guns and ever since Ive thought, what a nightmarish idea 😆

steve-g
    Free Member

Becky Taylor

nickc

Not bothered about heights at all. Caves on the other hand, nah… Tunnels for that matter as well, I’m not overly fond of.

richc
    Free Member

sticking your finger up a cats arse which is armed with a AK47? that has to be a rare one.

miketually
    Free Member

Heights. I’m fine rock climbing and scrambling, but don’t like standing next to drops. Makes the back of my knees tingle.

Geese. Don’t trust them.

Stoner
    Free Member

I find I can control my fear of sticking my finger up a cats arse which is armed with a AK47 by not doing it.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Sitting on a London Underground train opposite a man with a back pack on his lap feverishly poring over a copy of the Koran muttering to himself whilst knodding back and forth.

I switched carriages!

avdave2

Lakes, but only if the water is flat calm without the slightest ripple. When it’s like that you just know there is something very bad lurking underneath you.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Car washes. Frighten me sh1tless they do.

All them soapy suds everywhere – so you can’t see nothing. Then out of nowhere, great big fukoff giant rollers come steaming towards you out of nowhere 😯

How scary is that FFS ? 🙁

Mind you, I was in one today – I reckon that I just do it for the adrenalin rush 8)

LeeW

Deep water and my Uncle Trevor in his potting shed.

Spongebob
    Free Member

ernie – Try going through one in a car next time!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘What makes you scared?’ is closed to new replies.