Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • What lube is the current go to lube ?
  • beermonst3r44
    Free Member

I’ve just cleaned my drive train and have switched to worth dry train lube. Anyone else using this ? Getting my clothes black lifting my bike over a fence is what made me change lol

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Rock and roll blue for me

Mugboo

I’m still using last year’s go to lube from Scottoiler, no doubt I’m way behind the times as usual.

julzm
    Free Member

Rock n roll blue throughout the year on all our bikes. Makes the chain last longer too.

Rorschach
    Free Member

KY jelly.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Blue extreme rock n roll for me too. It was discontinued in the uk late last year, but it seems ribble cycles have got it back in stock,, the eBay prices had gone through the roof

jekkyl

Wilkinsons bike oil, £1.25!

schmiken

Bit of a broken record, but Chain L is fantastic stuff.

beermonst3r44
    Free Member

So the dry wax is a waste of time…… my life story lol

julzm
    Free Member

The cycle clinic uk also stock rock n roll. Just ordered some absolute dry red from them for the road bikes.

TheBrick
    Free Member

The choice of the gentleman. Spit lube.

pipiom
    Free Member

Rock and roll extreme FTW

Junkyard
    Free Member

Cheap oil rather than expensive snake oil

Yak

Wax is very good if it’s not too wet. Squirt usually for me from march – October. Wet lube the rest of the time.

mark90
    Free Member

I prefer a silicon lube, last much longer than water based. Oh you mean for the bike 😳

Rock n roll extreme blue. Couple of mins after each ride. Keeps the drive train nice and clean. I can’t stand the build up of black gunk.

mindmap3
    Free Member

So the dry wax is a waste of time…… my life story lol

I use Squirt lube all year round and I find it to be pretty good.

Rock ‘n’ Roll Extreme is good too, but expensive, a pain to go hold of and doesn’t last long if you all it as per the instructions.

johnnystorm

I’ve just started using this, at the price it’s worth a try:

http://road.cc/content/review/170474-lifeline-dry-lube-teflon-50ml

jambalaya
    Free Member

I use Viking Juice from Juice Lubes – good all year round I find (aside from the cr@ppest winter conditions)

bigbloke
    Free Member

Rock n Roll Blue here too

cookeaa
    argoose
    Free Member

purple extreme all year

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Tried chainsaw oil. Crap. Turned everything black and greasy.

WD40 PTFE spray.

doubledunter
    Free Member

^^^This

It was a waste of £4 😐

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

Fenwicks stealth lube for me, road one is slightly lighter which is good for summer.

dudeofdoom

I’ve just converted from rock and roll blue to Squirt….both good but I’m feelin a lot of love for Squirt.

ade9933
    Free Member

White Lightning Epic Ride – no doubt.

chiefgrooveguru

I’ve used Finishline Wet Lube for years but for some reason they’ve recently put childsafe screw lids on them and they’re not just childsafe, they’re adultunopenable too. Bloody infuriating. Have a full bottle that I’m going to have to cut open and one of my mates has had the same problem.

Neb

Scottoiler for me, works a treat. After a ride, rinse with the hosepipe and it’s like a new chain. No idea how it can work so well!

cookeaa

Fair enough, I’m probably just less precious about my drivetrain than most, a bit of accumulated gunge can be cleaned off post ride, lubrication that vanishes after 50 damp miles and costs a fortune just seems pointless to me.

As lubrication goes chainsaw oil works, it’s obviously intended for quite an ‘agricultural’ application, which to my mind, bicycle drivetrains have a fair bit of cross over with…

It was a waste of £4

Dunno, a litre of the equivalent angel’s piss or pixie tears or whatever branded, overpriced, easy to rinse off jazz is in fashion this week would probably end up costing you ~£50… £4 seems like a relative drop in the ocean (pun intended)

thegman67

3 in1 oil for me

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Got a huge (1/2 litre) bottle of Rock N Roll from a PSA on here a year or so ago. Still going and seems to be fit for purpose. Does seem cleaner than most others I have tried. Not often riding in the rain so not sure how it holds up to a good soaking though.

Would certainly buy again at 20 quid a half litre.

wheelie

I have been using Weldtite ‘Pure’ dry, after using Epic Ride for years. It seems to be very good and works better than the ER in the wet. Apparently Oldgit really rates it for his long audaxes.

coblck
    Free Member

Muc off ceramic dry

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Not precious, but don’t like being covered in oil or trying to wash it out of my clothes. As chain bar oil, it’s great on chainsaws. But bikes aren’t agricultural equipment so I prefer something that lubes and “dries” and doesn’t tattoo pictures of my chain ring on my calf.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Putoline, my commuter is still going after a few hundred miles on the original application.

Not ridden the fatty as much so saying the chain’s not been touched since Christmas is slightly less impressive :p

Faff, but a bit that much a faff, and faffing only once in a blue moon. The rest of the time the bike just gets hosed off.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I wouldn’t use that cheap shit oil on my chainsaw, never mind my bike.

Rock n roll blue here too, it’s not made of angels tears though, so might not be good for chainsaws.

chvck
    Free Member

Putoline and Shimano PTFE here. The putoline is great and lasts ages usually, but I find if you ride through rivers or get axle deep in puddles then it washes off (but everything I’ve tried does) so sometimes I just use the PTFE until I can be bothered with a re-wax. Putoline lasts ages on my commuter though!

PolisherMan

Anyone used that Morgan Blue yet? Just ordered some off CRC…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Scottoiler here. Yeah, you have to put it on each time after you’ve hosed the chain clean, but since that takes all of ten seconds I can live with it.

andyl
    Free Member

Just about to try Green Oils lubes. Been using their “Slip” on everything round the house that squeaks and shouldnt!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘What lube is the current go to lube ?’ is closed to new replies.