Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What lowest maintenance winter road training bike?
  • geoffj

I’m thinking an 8 speed double kaffenback with BB7s & guards for a no fuss low maintenance winter trainer.
    The sort of ride, hose, spray with GT85 and repeat.

Single speed is not an option.

Owt else to consider?

Bregante

Alfine Pompetamine?

ac282

di2 and hydro discs. no cable or rim issues.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve been riding my On One CX bike through the past couple of winters and summers mostly on the road. It’s got BB7s, mudguards and a hotch potch of road STIs and mtb gears and chainset. I’ve not replaced anything on it since I built it up in 2005. Just cleaned and lubed the chain, it’s still on its orginal set of brake pads.

soobalias
    Free Member

an interior designer and a turbo for the garage?

or just back off the hose and gt85 a bit

andybanks
    Free Member

What’s with the fascination with separate bikes for summer and winter? And that’s a serious question not a sarcastic comment.

I have one road bike and one hard tail. I ride them rain or shine and just give them a good clean when I’m done.

69er
    Free Member

Well, the lowest maintenance winter training bike is unquestionably a fixie. But I’m guessing you wouldn’t entertain that. Just one brake and a chain to maintain. It’s my bike of choice for my 40 mile round trip. After a while you won’t even need to use the front brake. So merely rinse and lube the chain – exactly what you asked for. I don’t bother with mudguards either, but that’s personal choice 🙂

If you ride in all weathers with gears and an another brake it just adds to maintenance time and expense.

Oh, and you’ll find the bike is very light too!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What lowest maintenance winter road training bike?’ is closed to new replies.