Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What lights to get – from LBS?
  • sqwheeler

I don't think this one has been done to death yet? I'm going to get some lights, amongst other stuff, under the cycle to work scheme – so DX, trout's, ay-ups are all out – I need to buy them from my LBS. All the usual suspects are possible, but I dunno what to go for. Nothing blindingly massive required, run-time/light weight/compactness all more important than uber-brightness. A helmet mounted secondary might be useful as it's likely to be tree-laden twistiness.
    I don't want to spend crazy amounts, but seeing as it's cycle scheme the budget is pretty flexible.

tinsy
    Free Member

Why spend more on the scheme for inferior lights than you can just buy over the internet?

sqwheeler

It makes things a lot easier for me to spread the cash out over the year – and since I need some other stuff too, I thought I'd bundle lights in with it. I take your point though…

Onzadog
    Free Member

depending on how well you get on with the shop, they might be willing to order someone off the 'net for you for a small fee. they make a bit, you get your choice of lights and you get to spread the cost. Everyone wins.

gee
    Free Member

Exposure's here – they're small, neat and bright. Get a bar one and a helmet one too (the Joystick) and you'll be able too see round corners.

stumpyjon

Hope 4 LED for me, pretty good all round with the knowledge of excellent back up from Hope if anything goes wrong. Helmet mount wise, spend the money on the bar lights and get a £ 10 torch from Tescos and a lock block mount thingy from Fenix all in for under £ 20. Works for me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What lights to get – from LBS?’ is closed to new replies.