Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • What Jacket with smart Jeans?
  • cinnamon_girl

I agree with TJ. 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl

But that’s a dressing gown! And a cosy one too!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Apologies for my absence, chaps and chapesses. Have been a little busy with the nice people at the Oakley store here in Boston. They have relieved me of some pecuniary funds. 8)

Anyway, on the topic of jacket and jeans. If said jeans are pantalons de Nimes, then the answer is, quite simply, no. It’s in the Manifesto! You may wear any number of things atop pantalons de Nimes, but a “sports” jacket, as our American cousins would term it, is a big fat screaming pile of “NO”. To see why, simply look at Clarkson, as already described by others.

If, however, your jeans are more of this line; ]
    http://www.orvis.co.uk/store/product.aspx?pf_id=34HX&dir_id=466&group_id=481&cat_id=7432&subcat_id=7433 (Orvis KHPs, as worn by yours truly today) then I would say a decent tweed jacket would work rather well. I’ve been known to sport my hacking jacket with these. Along with an open knecked shirt and some decent boots.

kudos100
    Free Member

“Just one gear on my fixie bike, got a plus one here on my gig tonight”

I’ve seen this video at least 15 times and it still makes me laugh.

To the op. When in doubt, look at Jimmy for inspiration.

CountZero

I’ve got a nice plain black wool jacket from M&S, which I wear with Uniqlo selvedge indigo denim jeans, or a pair of black trousers made by Split, which I think were intended as skate trousers, they were in a sale in a skate/surf shop. They are really understated and look fine with the jacket, but are a bit subversive, being skate orientated. But Uniqlo do some great stuff.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘What Jacket with smart Jeans?’ is closed to new replies.