Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • what is your favoutite thing during a ride
  • tazzymtb

not seeing any people! I’m an antisocial fecker* and I love all the little bits of giggly, twisty, tongue lollingly fun singletrack to myself thank you very much.

*I have been known to mix with others now and then, but I can usually scare them off with my personality 😆

large418
    Free Member

Love the feeling of being out in the hills, with no one else for miles, just savouring the views, followed by a sweet descent that has been hard earned.

loddrik
    Free Member

In ten years of riding I have never ridden with anyone, and I never will. Alone is bliss.

chilli
    Free Member

I like it when i turn back into my street covered in mud,sweat,blood,cow sh*t,etc after a really good ride and see all the miserable sunday car cleaners,grass cutters etc,makes me feel all smug inside. Lifes too short, ride a bike!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I like it when i turn back into my street covered in mud,sweat,blood,cow sh*t,etc. Lifes too short, ride a bike!

Or partake in some sort of highly intense, gory colonic irrigation with a farm animal.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I love the feeling of just being out there! freedom. I like it when I can nail something better than I have done before and I am getting “better” in some way. but I’ve reached an age where I don’t care and it’s a nice day out on my bike and it’s all good. I love being faster than 19 yr olds on heavy FS overkill bikes though. I’ve started just wandering up mountains and leaving the bike at home. I just love the escape, the exercise and the feeling of free will. It’s not about the bike? true.

GavinB

Ideally, its getting out on the bike and having fun with old friends and new ones. If it’s b y myself, then it’s best when I challenge myself to ride something I’ve not tried or cleared before and nailing it – NB. This does not always happen (as the scars will testify)!

_tom_
    Free Member

Love the feeling of being out in the hills, with no one else for miles, just savouring the views, followed by a sweet descent that has been hard earned.

+1 😀 This is why I love riding in the Long Mynd so much. If you do it by yourself it’s so peaceful when you eventually get to the top. Trail centres just can’t compare.

tazzymtb

ooo the long mynd, ace riding, lovely views and the climb up carding mill valley on a singlespeed is vomit inducing 😆

_tom_
    Free Member

haha I’ve only done that on my easiest gear. mtb is properly singlespeeded now so my next trip there will be interesting 😐

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Has anyone had a **** or had sex on a ride?

perhaps we shouldn’t enquire too closely of those who prefer to ride alone :o)

swamp_boy

Best thing for me depends on the ride.

Yesterday it was riding over carpets of bright yellow fallen leaves with the misty afternoon sun slanting through the trees.

Nailing technical bits I’ve been unable to do before is always good.

After the previous few posts I hesitate to admit to riding solo, but I do most times and being able to go at my own pace and vary the route at will are big pluses.

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘what is your favoutite thing during a ride’ is closed to new replies.