Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)
  • what is your favoutite thing during a ride
  • LoCo
    Free Member

*Whipping 30ft doubles really smoothly.

*In my mind that is…

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Cake
    p!ssing in the woods
    **** around like a ten year old.

cynic-al
    Free Member

That Zen state of mind* you get when you overcome fear, riding techy or exposed stuff like North Shore.

*I’ve rarely achieved this and am **** at NS.

TiRed

Flowing down singletrack with my two boys. Admiring their developing skills and wishing I had them. cake at the end comes third… Oh and I like climbing on the SS for a reasonable CV workout.

snowslave

For me there’s a special buzz when I discover a new bit of trail that I just know is killer and share it with mates. Even better if it’s the not even marked on a map variety. It’s all good though

Mounty_73

1. Flowing singletrack.
    2. Riding new trails/places.
    3. At the end of a ride, the satisfaction that I did go out and ride!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

nearly losing it but bringing it back from the brink. Heart racing and inane giggling. Love it

senorj

Putting dry under crackers and warm clothes on when you’ve finished! 😆

post ride Banger & cake.

richmtb

Dusty trail, tipping the bike into a bend, leaning over with the tyres squirming on the limit of adhesion, counter steering and firing out the bend.

Or

Muddy, tight loamy trail, zero grip. Surfing the bike across the mud wearing a big grin

Or

Descending at that perfect speed where you skim the top of the trail, wheels not quite in the air and not quite on the ground, not having to use the brakes or turn the cranks, totally in the zone of the trail.

Mountain biking is indeed great!

poppa
    Free Member

Zoning out.

That part on the ride when you suddenly realise that for the last 20mins you were thinking of absoloutely nothing apart from where the next turn is coming from and balancing the pain.

I think a lot of why I ride is for the total mind-wipe! The world is so much better after a good ride*.

*philosophy applies to more than one activity.

Karinofnine

At the outset, the prospect of a long long ride ahead of me, during it, feeling my breath flow in and out like silk and that nothing matters except that moment, at the end, the used-muscle-feeling of all those miles, the tears in my skin from the brambles, salty sweat, being HUNGRY, enjoying how brilliant any food tastes…

unclejimmy
    Free Member

pjm1974 – Member

Flowing singletrack +1, but also the feeling that I’m reenacting the speeder bike scene in Return of the Jedi when pedalling flat out through the woods…
    …something you never grow out of.

Thankfully, there’s no Ewoks on my local woods.

^^^this

we used to have ewoks, but they disappered when the council gave in and didnt build the road.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

being airbourne

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

What a nice thread 🙂

My absolute favourite thing is skating like a lunatic down a steep, loose, forest trial with at least one wheel locked up at all times. Only needs to be a few metres of trail to get me very giddy.

I’m getting worked up just thinking about it 😛

mamadirt
    Free Member

The very first bit of a d/h trail 😛

scaredypants

not sure about “flow” but it’s great when you get round/over something and can’t quite work out how.

MisterT

The Tea and cake stop is what I ride for.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

when your riding in a group and you all meet up at the bottom of a cracking descent – the buzz of adrenalin is awesome.

Then recounting the near misses or those taken down by “The Sniper” that’s in every wooded area (ie when you crash for no real reason)

Overall I enjoy just getting out as often as I can,

jimster
    Free Member

Really nailing fast flowing singletrack, even better if it’s the first time you ride it.

😆 😆 😆 😆

And grinning like an idiot at the bottom.

Collarbone
    Free Member

The times I’m smooth and unperturbed

hora
    Free Member

Has anyone had a **** or had sex on a ride?

Surely someone must have?

*No not me before you ask. I would though if I rode with a female rider 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

sharing the enjoyment with other riders 🙂

yes, a blow job and full sex a few times 🙂 That’s great fun too! “Extreme sharing” perhaps ?

hora
    Free Member

simonfbarnes – Member

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Certain fastish downhills with plenty of bends where you click into a proper “flow” and it almost feels like surfing (to wierdos like me) except warmer and is lasts longer.

One particular DH section on my weekly night ride is perfect for this – through some woods (Unity Woods for any Cornwall locals) but almost like a mud toboggan run with slope sides. Best part of the entire ride.

Never going to score brave points so “flow” is where it’s at for me.

donsimon
    Free Member

Caning it for 2-3 hours and feeling as fresh as I did at the start, everything just comes together perfectly, the climbs, the descents and everything inbetween.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I would though if I rode with a female rider

that’s you permanently uninvited from Bog Trotter rides 🙁

Rickos
    Free Member

The silence between take-off and landing.
    And, of course, the swoop, swoop, ca___rve.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

That means you are panic braking in the air (unless you have silent hubs) and are therefore…

gay 😉

DrRSwank
    Free Member

The best thing for me is stopping and sitting for a while and just letting the view you’ve discovered fill your soul and empty your mind.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

learning a new skill.ive been riding years & only now am i able to learn new techniques & pull them off on the trail.

weather its a manual to clear a large muddy pool or my favourite a track stand .

kaesae
    Free Member

My favourite thing on a ride, is my bike!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Cranking the 53/12 on a nice flat section of road

Bregante

The days when everything just “clicks” and you seem to find all the right lines and your timing is spot on. When you “pop” off everything you can and seem to be a able to unweight the bike perfectly. Not so much about speed, more about finding the ride effortless.

Sadly these days are few and far between at the moment.

Jocko
    Free Member

stopping after a decent climb to have a drink and take in the scenery

Pieface

Where to start / end?

Riding continuously fast for sustained times
    Cleaning a techy uphill
    Appreciating spectacular views and atmosphere
    Appreciating being out in the shoddy waether
    Riding line a numpty, fast downhill just about getting away with not crashing all the time.
    Getting away from it all / being self reliant
    Getting from a to b (sometimes to c, d, e….to z)
    Seeing things you wouldn’t normally (views, wildlife, people)
    Getting into a mechanical pickle and sorting yourself out or relying on others
    Being the ‘Good samaritan’ for others who are lost / broken

40mpg

For the next 6 months, a warm pub with a log fire and decent beer

OR

something fruity and warming from the hipflask shared with mates in the darkest woods, long after bed time

jedi

and the buzz when someone does something new. the smile goes right through me 🙂

ken_shields
    Free Member

Nice ride thro the woods and then a sweetie stop with my daughter

loddrik
    Free Member

Getting soaked through on a wet midweek ride with not a soul out on the trails. Perfect!

yodagoat
    Free Member

Doing something and thinking after “Christ! I didn’t think I could do that!”

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘what is your favoutite thing during a ride’ is closed to new replies.