Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • What is this beast? (ebay content)
  • mamadirt
    Free Member

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Custom-Kona-Based-Downhill-Bike-/330453743442?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item4cf093f752

Not a Kona, I'm pretty certain of that . . . looks absolutely bombproof. Rear wishbone looks a little like my old Spooky Bandwagon. Any ideas?

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Looks slightly Giant STP1 ish

mamadirt
    Free Member

If it wasn't for the dropouts I'd say early Sinister Ridge. Damn, I love those dropouts . . . why have I already spent all my money on ebay this month 😥

Jay
    Free Member

Looking at that rear end that looks like an Azonic frame, possibly an early evolution.

The rear end looks the same on this

retro83
    Free Member

She doesn't look too happy:

rOcKeTdOg

Weird toes….is it a saracen?

psychle
    Free Member

Banshee Scirocco? Front looks the same, as do the chainstays etc, though the dropouts are different…

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Looks nothing like a Scirocco!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yup nowt like a Scirocco

trail_rat
    Free Member

and even less like an STP1 – oh wait – it has a headtube a bb and some wheels – so does an stp1 …..

trying to recall what the planet X jack flash easton rad looked like …

qwerty
    Free Member

i wonder which one offers the hardest ride?

mamadirt
    Free Member

😆

Bugged me all night (the frame q that is 😉 ) and I thought I had it – Rocky Mountain Flow. Close . . . but not quite.

Bought a cheap unbranded frame off ebay a couple of years ago with the intention of rebadging as a Rocky Mountaint but it was too long for me. Dropouts were nowhere near as nice as those though and that back end looks far too nice to be a no-namer.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Nice of him/her to give their postcode in the description in case you want to pop round to, erm, checkout the bike….

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

It's also nothing like that Rocky Mountain, I think only the seat-tube is similar!

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Not an Easton RAD Jackflash – I have one (under my bed!)

Le voila:

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ooooh nice 😛 .

Was just browsing an old MBUK copy when I came across a review of the Mondraker Play.

Dropouts are identical . . .

. . . but the wishbone is different . . .

Gotta be a pretty close relation though I reckon.

RealMan
    Free Member

The kid i bought it off assures me its a Giant, but a chap in Halford said it's a Kona

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Mamadirt: The Easton RAD is for sale, if you're interested…

My mail is in my profile if it tempts you…

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

These pics were taken a while ago, so few more marks etc to paint, but you get the idea!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8379351@N07/sets/72157605754875036/

johnfb
    Free Member
    mamadirt
    Free Member

Realman – pretty sure it's not a Giant and I've probably had more Konas than the guy in Halfords 😉 (tho' I'd be happy to be proved wrong).

Looks pretty close to the Rampage although the seat stay junction is not the same (I guess those dropouts must be pretty popular).

That Planet X is lovely but I've already dropped my Paypal balance on this month's short-term test bike 😉 . . . watch this space . . .

U31
    Free Member

Go on, how much for the planet x?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Looks very similar to a barracuda that my brother used to have, (frame and wheels) and the cranks are barracuda so don't think i'm far off.

The kid and guy at halfords are both full of sh&t

guimet
    Free Member

Agree with Jay, it looks very much like an old Azonic my gf's brother had, built up for trials. Maybe an Evolution Slalom – web pics are pretty minimal that I can find.

peachos
    Free Member

I've got a Mongoose Transfer that is almost the same…… except for the wishbone bit.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ladies and gentlemen . . . I think we have a winner! – Jay (sorry I didn't click on your link earlier) and guimet – Azonic Evolution (still doesn't explain why the frame on ebay doesn't have the embossed logo though).

Funnily enough my desire has passed over now – I thought it was going to be something really exotic 😕

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Nice one, I was reading a 2005 MBUK last night and saw the Azonic frame and realised that's what you were looking at. Cool bike.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘What is this beast? (ebay content)’ is closed to new replies.