Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • [Sickening crunch]… [Look out the window]… what is the worst it could be?
  • alfabus
    Free Member

So the wife has just got home in my van…. and in the process of parking it, she has driven into our car.

For Sale: One wife, 30 years old – CANNOT BLOODY DRIVE!

How long should I give her the silent treatment, or is it time for a new patio?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why did you leave the car there ?

imnotverygood

I normally try & use this sort of situation to buy another bike.

bedmaker

We need pics.

Of the wife please 😉

alfabus
    Free Member

@ernie – a fair point, I will go and apologise to her.

@imnotverygood – I could do with a new hardtail, now you mention it…

poly
    Free Member

I believe the best tactic is to be really understanding and OK about it. This disconcerts them far more than flying off the handle or silent treatment – and accordingly next time you do something stupid (like buy a bike) they will be more forgiving.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sadly you cannot sell your wife, you have to pay handsomely to make her go away. The market is telling you something 😐

The thing that used to annoy me about the ex-wife is she’d crash the car and then refuse to have it repaired due to the expense, then said car would get sold cheaply due to multiple dents !

ste_t
    Free Member

Think carefully about what you have done recently to make her hate you.

This was no accident.

PrinceJohn

Really shouldn’t have left the car in the way…

alfabus
    Free Member

Here is a picture of her, if I owned a boat:

alfabus
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure that she was the last one to drive the car, so she parked it there.

mightymule
    Free Member

You should be very sympathetic and very understanding, and not take the piss for the next two years.

It’s a very very easy mistake to make 😳

alfabus
    Free Member

She keeps trying to explain why it happened… I haven’t listened to the story yet, since it seems to me that it happened because she drove into the car.

I fail to see any scenario (short of avoiding a child’s face or a very young red breasted bird) where that was the correct course of action to take.

Surely the better thing to do would have been to NOT drive in to the car!

trail_rat
    Free Member

If it makes you feel any better mrs t_r drove our newly mot’d jeep into a stationary parked bus. In january.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Is there any way she can make it up to you 😉

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I think she should post a series of ‘storyboard’ style photos on here to explain to us what happened.

We will then decide on the level of seriousness and how she can make this up to you.

ninfan
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure that she was the last one to drive the car, so she parked it there.

Duh, she always parks in that spot… even when she’s driving your van!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

did you let her park the 4×4 too

but at least she’s useful on the shopping run

maccruiskeen

If you sell her on here don’t be moaning later when some classifieds-only buyer has split her for parts and is selling them for a profit on ebay.

iain1775
    Free Member

PayPal gift?

firestarter
    Free Member

When I lived in Brussels to get to my parking area you had to go thru a small tunnel under the apartment block. One day my ex managed to get thru on an angle and catch the door 🙁 then proceeded to carry on forwards to get out. Wrecking pretty much one side of the car . Bugger

MoreCashThanDash

My wife is still refusing to pay for the damage she did to my car a month after I bought it. Two years ago. She spent two days trying to polish and T-Cut the marks out before she even told me about it.

Yes, they are fairly minor scuffs. No, they don’t affect how it drives. But the point is that if you bend it, you mend it, and when we change the car, if the marks are still there, we are going to have it used against it on it’s value.

joeegg
    Free Member

My wife ran our car into a signpost on a campsite while I was stood watching.Waiting for her to arrive at a café with a couple of friends that she had picked up she pulled into a parking space,didn’t brake,and ran the front end into a stonewall.
    Both were my fault because I make her nervous when she’s driving.

milky1980
    Free Member

Back in ’96 my dad was very proud of his new Corsa. It was the first new car he’d had since I came along!! Where he worked they had parking bays down a narrow lane that had raisable posts to stop them being taken by non-staff cars. He pulled the car out, raised the post and drove forward only to find another car coming down the lane. So he stuck it in reverse. There was a perfect impression of the post in the boot and bumper until he sold it to me 10 years later.

I negotiated a discount for the damage 😀

DrP

T cut will sort it i’m sure,..

DrP

Cougar

She keeps trying to explain why it happened

I’m stunned that it’s not somehow your fault.

But the point is that if you bend it, you mend it, and when we change the car, if the marks are still there, we are going to have it used against it on it’s value.

If you gave that much of a toss you’d have had it fixed two years ago. Send her the bill if you’re so inclined.

chiefgrooveguru

My wife is still refusing to pay for the damage she did to my car a month after I bought it.

Surely it’s irrelevant who pays for it between a married couple?

Harry_the_Spider

RustyNissanPrairie

Wife rammed our new to us into a stone wall. My fault that Volvo call their gears D & R and so easy to get them mixed up.

daftvader
    Free Member

whilst mrs vader’s car was off the road she was using mine… I looked out of the window one evening to notice a rather large dent in the side panel. rather heatedly I asked who may have driven into the side of my car (this is how she wrecked one of my cars previously). mrs vader then came to the door with a rather sheepish “oh. I have something to tell you”… it turns out that she had parked next to a bollard in sainsburys car park and proceeded, on departing the space, to forget the bollard was there. you are not alone.

mightymule
    Free Member

I may have, once upon a time, slightly pranged the OH’s car…….

….. into my Mother’s car……………

It was not a good day.

pocketrocket
    Free Member

My missus wrote off my much beloved pug 306 just by trying to clean it while I was at work.
    She tried to pull in the drive where my van is normally parked so she could hoover it out, caught the gate post and then proceeded to cave in the side trying to manoeuvre back away from it. Apparently, at one point she was on two wheels wedged on the post, the wheelspin marks on the drive kind of confirmed this!

project
    Free Member

Lesson 1, in case of an accident involving only a woman its ALWAYS somebody elses fault.

Lesson 2,women dont have accidents, they where just trying to avoid having one when a stationary car jumped, fell,reversed, drove, bunny hopped, or in some other way mated with their car,

shedbrewed
    Free Member

If it makes you/her feel any better I reversed my g/f’s VRs into my 911 coming down our drive. She was watching. I did get mocked.

bruneep

trail_rat – Member
    If it makes you feel any better mrs t_r drove our newly mot’d jeep into a stationary parked bus. In january.

that’s not what you’re telling the insurance co is it?

kiwijohn

A mates wife has just destroyed his second Yeti ASR5 with a car.
    First one she drove over, second one hit the carport. He’s getting a new 575 out of it, so not all bad.

NZCol

My old gf drove my 2 day old Forester over a 3ft stone wall and kept going ripping the front and rear bumpers off, destroying the exhaust and cats and almost writing it off. She didn’t stop.
    She them blamed me for it as I make her nervous driving. At the time I was 2500km away !
    When we split it she got the car and was welcome to it. I see it every now and then and it looks like a skip.

Tom83

My wife reversed our brand new astra into a wall. She didn’t even need to reverse, so no idea why she did it. Got it repaired then a month later did exactly the same into the same wall.

I didn’t bother getting it fixed again.

Scapegoat

Mine left the car in neutral with handbrake on on our steep drive to rush in to answer the phone. It was an Audi 80 1.6 which she used to thrash, and as a result the brake discs would cool, contract, and the handbrake would lose grip. It rolled past the dining room window and into the garage wall as she was on the phone.

I was abroad at the time, but it was still my fault as she thought it was me ringing.

Not big on experiential learning, she did it twice more during the life of that car.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“that’s not what you’re telling the insurance co is it?”

Not at all , its what they are being told happened by the driver of the corsa….. Despite my mrs being in the flow of traffic and only having corsa inflicted damage from the passengers door to the back.

And bus inflicted damage on the front…..unless the corsas chest high- thats where my bonnet /the damage is….

Cctv footage still hasnt shown up….funny that.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘[Sickening crunch]… [Look out the window]… what is the worst it could be?’ is closed to new replies.