Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • What IS the point of weather forecasts ?
  • proteus
    Free Member

virtually anything I post I can back up with solid facts – when shown I am wrong I will say so.
    Sorry, you're clearly deluded. Time and time again you will post on subjects when you're out of your depth.

Clowns like you spoil STW.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

proteus. back that up with an example or shut up.

Go on. Just one.

proteus
    Free Member

Q. TandemJeremy (Blowhard)
    A. Giving "advice" on routes that you haven't ridden – multiple examples.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Huh? Are you sure you are not mixing me up with someone else? when? Waht route?

proteus
    Free Member

As I said, deluded.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Come on squire. I don't give advice on routes I have no knowledge of – and if I haven't ridden them I would say " I believe this about this route"

Yer just trolling now. Put up or shut up examples or I will consider it proven you are talking out of your behind

proteus
    Free Member

and if I haven't ridden them I would say " I believe this about this route"
    No, you didn't. You posted as "fact" about a trail you'd not ridden. I can't be arsed searching through your detritus.

I'll not mention the apparently racist description you posted about Glasgow, eh? "Weegiestan" wasn't it? Something I'd never heard in 25 years of living in Edinburgh…

Yer just trolling now.
    No worries, I'm not convinced you're for real. A bit like Hora, you appear too ridiculous to actually exist.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Giving "advice" on routes that you haven't ridden – multiple examples.
    Are you sure you are not mixing me up with someone else? when? Waht route?

like when you attacked me for suggesting people ride down the grass on Dollywaggon Pike, only to discover that a national park ranger gave a rider exactly the same advice ?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Simon – I remember that thread and I was talking not about the specifics of that route but about the general case about avoiding erosion. I have to believe you that you were given that advice but it goes against the usual principles of avoiding erosion.

BigDummy
    Free Member

This thread is almost as good asMega-Shark vs Giant Octopus.

Two titans of STW pointless argumentation locked in a deadly battle for ultimate supremacy. Who will emerge victorious? Will SFB's selective italicisation be a match for the power of the TJ Wiki-link? Who will wear the creepiest shorts? Which is mightier, the general or the specific? We can only watch, and pray… 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

it's supposed to be about weather forecasts – and it's not just me that's saying they've been rubbish recently…

As for TJ, he seems to have suffered a personality shift, he used to be much more moderate in his remarks…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

simonfbarnes – Member

As for TJ, he seems to have suffered a personality shift, he used to be much more moderate in his remarks… Hmmm – I shall ponder that. you might well be right. I'll tone it down a bit

clubber
    Free Member

This is brilliant. An SfB thread that's been sabotaged with added TJ.

Keep going chaps. No one else need post.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I don't consider it to have been sabotaged 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

No, I'm sure you don't and even if you did, you'd argue contrary regardless…

stcolin
    Free Member

You know, I used to be lost on STW, as to who were the regulars and who was trolling/just passing by.

Now it's blantantly obvious 😀

As for the weather, I'm always amazed that people are surprised that forecasts are wrong. I'll always beleive that there's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes….

clubber
    Free Member

They should really be called "Weather Educated Guesses" (Except those by TJ which could be called "Weather Certainties") but I don't suppose that would inspire people to watch/look at them…

ton

whenever i ride i go out with attitude that it is gonna pis5 it down.
    and that is summer or winter.

and teej and barnes, very entertaining……… 8)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I hate to say this, but on the subject of weather forcasting, I totally agree with TJ. Learn about it yourself, check the DATA available before you go out (Not the forecast) and decide weather to take a t-shirt, coat, or canoe……
    😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

you'd argue contrary regardless…

no I wouldn't!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Learn about it yourself … decide weather to take a t-shirt, coat, or canoe

or, don't bother and be prepared for anything :o)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

or, don't bother and be prepared for anything :o)

Yeah possibly, but my way saves carrying the canoe just on the off-chance.
    😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Anyway, simon's spot on. There's no point in weather forecasts. Saturday in North Yorkshire, forecast says 'showers all day', got none & it didn't even threaten. Sunday the same. Todays forecast said 'heavy rain', hardly likely looking around as we've got scattered high clouds above Boroughbridge.
    TJ should be a weather man as it seems he's ALWAYS right.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Oops sorry, it did rain in York on Saturday!

footstomper
    Free Member

One thing that has always baffled me is when out at sea the shipping forcast is nearly always right. So why can't the weather people apply this to the land 😕

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It's the land that makes it unpredictable. There's no mountains at sea!
    🙂

ozzo
    Free Member

Well just to prove a point on how micro climates are – we were riding round Coniston and except for a few spots in Coniston, we had excellent weather all day and just got hotter as the day went on whereas some had torrential on garburn

jam-bo

It's the land that makes it unpredictable. There's no mountains at sea!

and the forecasted areas are massive.

hilldodger
    Free Member

As for TJ, he seems to have suffered a personality shift, he used to be much more moderate in his remarks

He's trying to give up the ciggies isn't he……..

hilldodger
    Free Member

TJ should be a weather man as it seems he's ALWAYS right

not always right, just never wrong……

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

He's trying to give up the ciggies isn't he……..

REALLY ?? That would definitely do it!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Two weeks now simon. Going well.

hilldodger
    Free Member

yeah, the meth and weed have been kicked but there's still the fags….

……'don't do drugs or you'll end up like jeremy' that'd be a campaign that would work 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hilldodger. I am impressed and rather flattered that you are able to remember such trivia about me.

Or should I be scared that you are a stalker?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

'don't do drugs or you'll end up like jeremy' that'd be a campaign that would work

except that the strongest drug I regularly take is caffeine …

hilldodger
    Free Member

the strongest drug I regularly take is caffeine …

but a mug of espresso will OD you, that's another piece of TJ Wiki-wisdom…..

hilldodger
    Free Member

I am impressed and rather flattered that you are able to remember such trivia about me.

It's just one of my forum-files…..

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but a mug of espresso

I prefer a cappuccino, which has just 2 shots of espresso …

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

I hate to say this, but on the subject of weather forcasting, I totally agree with TJ. Learn about it yourself, check the DATA available before you go out (Not the forecast) and decide weather to take a t-shirt, coat, or canoe……

+1

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘What IS the point of weather forecasts ?’ is closed to new replies.