Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • What is the most fun FS bike on sale?
  • helpful1
    Free Member

It’s a TREK Ticket S.

Caveat is you need to be a very good rider.

roverpig

I’ve recently bought a Transition Smuggler to replace a Five, but I’d say the Five sounds ideal for the OP

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

In the great tradition of STW – I’d say ‘mine’ –

current fave is a 2008 120mm Giant Trance Advanced, but I’m guessing that’s probably not quite on trend for 2015.

Failing that – I’d agree – Orange Five

(got one of those too! In so long-in-the-tooth 2008 format – it’s a wonder I’m having any fun at all).. 😉

slackalice
    Free Member

I’m confused as to which of the two remaining wheels sizes you would prefer OP. Probably because I haven’t read every single post…

So in true STW fashion, I would suggest that you take a test ride on the PYGA 120, which incidentally is what I have but does seem to fit your initial requirements. Lovely colour as well 8)

I think Drovers have a frame sale at the mo too.

Gotama
    Free Member

OP- there is a transition in the classifieds from the chap who runs tamed earth if it’s the right size.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member
    antennae
    Free Member

Look, this is STW. We’re supposed to be guiding the OP away from what they want.

On that note, what’s wrong with the Stumpy? 🙂

How old is it, and what tyre do you want to run that you can’t fit in there?

joelowden

I would concur wholeheartdly with slack alice on the Pyga 120 as they are a scream to ride downhill and damn good at going uphills. Also burnt Orange is a lovely colour……..

I_Ache
    Free Member

slackalice
    I’m confused as to which of the two remaining wheels sizes you would prefer

Neither, I would rather stick with 26″

antennae
    On that note, what’s wrong with the Stumpy?

How old is it, and what tyre do you want to run that you can’t fit in there?

It’s just getting a bit creaky, its been the most fun and suitable fs bike I have owned. It’s a 2011 carbon and has been really good in the past couple of years that I have had it but I feel its time to move on.

I really rate the rock razor as a rear tyre, I like how fast rolling it is and how bid the edge knobs are so they really bike when you lean it over. I have settled for a Larson for now but it just slides around a bit too much under hard cornering. It would be nice to fit grippier DH tyres for uplift days too.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’m intrigued that you’ve come to that conclusion about your Stumpy because I have sort of come to the conclusion with my 2013 Stump Evo 26″. It’s very capable, and it’s faster everywhere than my old Five on Strava, but it’s just not as involving. In a way that’s very difficult to pin down- it has improved with an offset bushing and a 40mm stem, though.

mafiafish
    Free Member

2013 Stump Evo 26

Patently your wheels are too small. Join the master race.

I_Ache
    Free Member

munrobiker

Mine is a couple of years older and not the evo so it is probably a bit steeper. Maybe the fact that it is twitchy is what I am finding fun? I do have a very short stem and quite a high rise bar on it too, I found it more comfortable and easier to control with the higher bars compared to almost flat bars where I had more weight on them.

antennae
    Free Member

2013 Stump Evo 26

I know this is totally subjective but that’s exactly what I’m riding now and I reckon it’s both pretty speedy and more fun than a barrel of monkeys. I’m running a Pike, 50mm stem and wide(ish) bars, and shiny new XT 1×11.

So don’t rule out another Stumpy OP 🙂 They seem to have got the 650b geometry sorted this year, by the sounds of it. And they have that weird SWAT door in the frame so you can take a bag of M&Ms out with you.

chris36860
    Free Member

My large SC Nomad in my profile would be perfect! 😉

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

I Love my Nukeproof AM, and their cheap as chips for a well specced bike, great DH and good uphill, great for jumpy droppy pumpy type stuff too, do a bit of test riding 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

What I own, it must be the most fun bike in the world because I have faultless judgement and have ridden every FS out there in order to make my choice.

Transition Covert (2012) 26 wheels, nothing else come close 😉

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

The first answer given was of course the correct one 😀

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘What is the most fun FS bike on sale?’ is closed to new replies.