Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • Where do I go for a cheap Giant Reign? (or similar enduro weapon)
  • chakaping
    Free Member

So I’ve decided I need one now. Have I missed all the discounted 2015 models? Were some people getting them from Euroland? Has your local shop got one tucked away in the corner?

Medium Reign 2 ideally.

I want a looooong bike – Orbea Rallon or GT Sanction might do too. Frame or full build if cheap.

toys19
    Free Member

DBcoopers cannondale trigger thread raised the 160mm jekyll 4 at 1349. Blimey.
    Despite having two enduro bikes I want a third just cos its so cheap..

clickety click

wrecker
    Free Member

http://www.destock-cycle.fr/vtt-giant-reign-275-2-ltd-charcoal-c2x17492235

It’s funny, I looked for both the Orbea and the Sanction. I found one shop in germany with a medium sanction and the UK Orbea dealer is a complete waste of time. Orbea spain weren’t much better, I’d dread to think what they’d be like with a warranty claim so I’ll stay WELL away from them.

chakaping
    Free Member

bloody hell you don’t hang about wrecker, cheers for that

is that what you went for in the end? I remember your long thread

trying to get my head round that site

wrecker
    Free Member

I got the Reign team 0 bud, got it through them too. They were pretty good, slooow courier though. It might be worth a little haggle…..

chakaping
    Free Member

Did you ring them up to organise? No UK option in the delivery drop down. Just every other country in the world.

wrecker
    Free Member

I emailed them. I think delivery was 60 euros, so cheap but don’t be in a rush!

chakaping
    Free Member

OK I’ll drop them a line now, cheers 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

Welcome. I was mailing a bloke called Florian I think. He’s the shot caller there so it seems.

chakaping
    Free Member

Purchase made.

😀

piemonster

BOOM

tomaso
    Free Member

I got mine at beginning of September from Germany for under £1500, which for a bike with Pikes and a Reverb is awesome. Paul’s Cycles have a Sanction frame on offer for about the same price.

It’s a great bike downhill and regardless of its bulk gets up big steep long loose climbs very well too. The shock seems to take some work to get the best out of it. The long front centre and slack head need weighting more than I am used to. Overall its a good basis to ride and upgrade as you can/need. All I’ve changed so far is the tyres stem saddle and bottomless tokens in the shock.

chakaping
    Free Member

I had a kid asking me 1500 for a secondhand one yesterday, that didn’t even have a reverb. Ha.

What do you make of the stock wheels Tomaso?

I already have some 650b wheels but could keep the giant ones for uplifts and/or mud tyres if they’re half decent and stiff enough?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The stock wheels are sh*t, but they are pretty much worthless second hand, so you may as well keep them as spares.

tomaso
    Free Member

The stock wheels are heavy at 2.1kg plus. They are however wide-ish and round. I’ve had to retension them both and adjust the rear cones to stop the wheel wobbling.
    They’ve not broken yet and seem like all the other Oem wheels I’ve ever had – built to a price.
    New wheels are the first proper upgrade. Just need to sell my old bike!

wrecker
    Free Member

Thinking of moving a nice set of wheels on if you’re interested chaka. Drop me a line.

steveh

I got mine via ebay from a seller called JJBikes. They list as being in London but are actually a French Giant shop. My advanced 1 brand new was £2,300 with carbon frame, pikes, reverb etc.

chakaping
    Free Member

Wrecker – I can’t spend more on wheels ATM cheers, looks like Tomaso’s your man though.

😉

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Reign is very light. I got the Orbea Rallon though as it’s just such a superb bike. 31lbs with pikes, kirk, some pro2/i23 wheels etc. Turns into a dh bike once you reach the top.

Kryton57
    Speshpaul

Does it have to be a Medium, would a small do?
    My friend has just/today taken delivery of a 2016 Reign so will be selling his small 2015 next week.
    Cheers
    paul
    paul.sal@btinternet.com

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m sorted now ta, see above

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

That’s a great price for that Giant Reign!

ticsmon

Chapaking and wrecker, did you pay via PayPal or bank? What were the charges/fees?
    Thanks Ste

wrecker
    Free Member

Paid via CC. Depends on your deal. Paypal will strangle you.

ticsmon

Did you get much off by haggling?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

What are the wheels wrecker?

wrecker
    Free Member

Pro 2 evo w/ trace enduro front and Dt Ex471 rear. Works well with the wide front and strong rear rims.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Ok I’ll pass ta, after something light and good as pro2’s are, weight is against them.

wrecker
    Free Member

No sweat dan, I’m not too bothered about selling them.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

there is a few deals about on Lapierre Spicy/Zesty bikes still.

crispy1980
    Free Member

I really want the jekyll. When I bought my codeine they were offering 2013 model with fox 32′ s fir more than that. The pull shock is supposed to be awesome!! Anyone wanna buy my codeine???

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

As this seems to be developing into the Enduro bargain bike hunt wanted to ask if any deals on the Orbea Rallons are about as-well?

wrecker
    Free Member

I couldn’t find one aless that RRP, or in fact at all Willy. Searched german and french sites too. There was no stock anywhere, got no reply from the UK rep or Orbea in spain. Too much like hard work so I went elsewhere.

danti

Could I ask what size Reign folks have bought and your height?

I’m 5 11 and not sure whether I’d need a medium or large?

Giant aren’t the most helpful with regard to sizing.

Thanks

wrecker
    Free Member

I got a medium, prob half inch taller than you are. Feels great.

toys19
    Free Member

Probably the most comprehensive sizing info here click on sizing info.
    Gutted that wreckers link doesn’t have a size small.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Thanks wrecker – thought maybe there was a secret option I hadn’t seen!

julians
    Free Member

Tredz have an orbea rallon x30 with £300 off.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

6’1″ on a large.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Where do I go for a cheap Giant Reign? (or similar enduro weapon)’ is closed to new replies.