Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What is the current favourite waterproof cycling jacket?
  • franksinatra

birthday coming up and I have been asked to sort myself out with a present, around £150 budget but can top up if necessary.

I’ve decided to finally get myself a decent waterproof jacket.

Requirements spec:

– Shell type, preferably Goretex or equivalent
    – Medium weight, not after a super lightweight jacket, this is more for wearing all day rather than stuffing n a camelback in case it rains
    – Zipped front pocket for phone.
    – Good fit and durability
    – Highish collar, I like to zip out droughts.
    – Ideally red as that is fastest

That is it really, simple enough?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Highish collar, I like to zip out droughts.

Droughts inside waterproofs are not not normally an issue. If in doubt, get one that doesn’t breath. 😉

franksinatra

Okay, I see what you did there. You know I meant drafts!

lucky7500

I’ve got a Keela Saxon which Is doing a fantastic job in all conditions. Unfortunately only available in yellow, blue and black though.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

On a slightly more serious note, been impressed with my Madison Flux over the past few months. Not the heaviest, so not ideal for northern epics, but it’s been good for a damp, mild southern winter.

Good price too, and often discounted. Found they come up rather small tho, so good to try before you buy.

robbo76
    Free Member

Ignore the above get your self to aldi there’ fantastic

burko73

Endura flyte here, in red. V waterproof and breathes well with pit zips as well. Prob medium weight plus.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Droughts inside waterproofs are not not normally an issue. If in doubt, get one that doesn’t breath.

If you plan on being a grammar pedant, the word you were looking for is “breathe”.

I assume this is your petard? I appear to have hoisted you by it.

🙂

oldnpastit

I have an Endura one, and it’s been excellent. Keeps out the rain, but not too sweaty, and it’s red.

And it keeps out the rain. Its predecessor only kept out the first few minutes of rain, after which you could count on getting wet.

I’ve used it in pouring rain in Wales, and also just for general commuting. Always been fine.

somafunk

Showers Pass Refuge Jacket, end of searching.

Shell type, preferably Goretex or equivalent : yep,
    Medium weight, not after a super lightweight jacket, this is more for wearing all day rather than stuffing n a camelback in case it rains : yep,
    Zipped front pocket for phone : yep, also fully waterproof
    Good fit and durability : yep, I’ve worn mine for trail building when hoofing rocks about, days out on the farm covered in shite and wrestling wi bullocks, covered in mud from the farm quads and i even wear it mtb’ing with no ill effects to it’s waterproofness – it has survived a helluva abuse so far.
    Highish collar, I like to zip out droughts : yep, high lined collar with a brilliant detachable hood that fits over a helmet.
    Ideally red as that is fastest : yep, comes in super fast red or stealth black.

And it come with massive chest vents so overheating is never a worry, ….it also comes with a popper drop down rear so your arse is protected when wet/muddy.

around £150 budget : Oh….that may be an issue but believe me – i used to always be searching for that one perfect jacket and the Showers Pass Refuge is perfect, check out any review you will find online – they all sing it’s praises.

sq225917
    Free Member

Honestly, everything else is second rate compared to the Endura MT500 Waterproof Jacket II. No red but by far the best jacket available for off-road

mactheknife

As sq225917 says, Endura MT500 2. What a jacket. An absolute ting of beauty.

jacobcarl
    Free Member

I have gore oxygen 2.0 jacket.

shredder
    Free Member

Another Endura MT500 2 here just superb and I have tried a few !

hairylegs
    Free Member

If it doesn’t have to be bike specific, then the Montane Minimus is worth a look — a great 3 season all-rounder in my view, but you might want something a bit beefier for winter

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What is the current favourite waterproof cycling jacket?’ is closed to new replies.