Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • What is that Seiko(?) watch ?
  • sputnik
    Free Member

I’ve tried to do a search here but in vain.
    There is a watch that seems to get regarded highly by the watch men of STW.
    I think it is a Seiko that then gets a NATO strap to finish the look.
    Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction.

bueller
    Free Member

Automatic? SKX 007 J1 is a favourite.

essexbiker
    Free Member

Seiko SKX007 – See review at Seiko SKX007 Review

sputnik
    Free Member

Can’t recall if it was a divers or such, just remember the simple ‘clean’ appearance .
    That SKX 007 looks familiar.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Hijack, any good sources for a brown leather strap like the one in the linked review?

isto
    Free Member

Hijack, any good sources for a brown leather strap like the one in the linked review?

Toshi makes the best straps – expensive but worth it. I have one on my SKX009 and it’s still going strong after 5 years.

dooosuk
    Free Member
    cnud
    Free Member

Seiko 5 was highly regarded on here

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Good call on Toshi, thanks.

jam-bo

SNDA57.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

^^That one!^^

sputnik
    Free Member

SNDA57 is ringing a bell, Flashy, is that the one you have recommended before? You usually appear on a watch topic so trust your memory.

jam-bo

what he said… 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep. On my wrist as I type.

Strap changed to a Timefactors NATO one.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

How much does that seiko look like my sekonda! Even the hands.

loddrik
    Free Member

Tuna!

Clobber
    Free Member

Sputnik, was it a yokobies?

http://www.yobokies.com/

MrSmith
    Free Member

Saccades
    Free Member

Stargate! (ish)

metalheart
    Free Member

I can’t believe you **** 7th post in and there’s a link to a SNDA27 with a ****-ing NATO green strap just like the op asked for and YFF’s were all to lazy to follow it through…

That’s the last time I try and be helpful [sulks]….

Atomizer

MrSmith- what’s that watch?

Saccades
    Free Member

For watch straps you’ll struggle to beat:

http://www.delaurian.com/index.html

MrSmith
    Free Member

MrSmith- what’s that watch?

It’s a yobokies custom, can’t remember the base seiko 5 but it might be SKN something?
    That’s not mine but I have one the same that i’ll sell to the right offer, worn a couple f times and has an unused khaki seiko fabric strap that came with it pre yobokies mod, same hands and same 45° date window. just needs 2 Spring bars (how much are they 25p each?)
    I bought it about a year ago but now wear a mid size 4025 diver with custom 31trum strap as my beater watch.

I like that SNDA27!!

Not as nice as my Victorinox though 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There is a watch that seems to get regarded highly by the watch men of STW.
    I think it is a Seiko that then gets a NATO strap to finish the look.

I can’t believe you **** 7th post in and there’s a link to a SNDA27 with a ****-ing NATO green strap just like the op asked for and YFF’s were all to lazy to follow it through…

Where did it say he wanted green? No one wants the green one. 😉

NATO Straps from here, BTW. G10 standard weight is my pick. I rather fancy a bright orange or yellow one as well, though. Sadly, Eddie doesn’t make them. Bond NATOs are silly.

darrimc30
    Free Member

MrSmith
    Could be interested in your yoboikes, can’t seem to see your email address. Mines in my profile

fourbanger
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR, I nearly nearly bought one of those last weekend. How are you getting on with it?

ninfan
    Free Member

Don’t forget that the NATO strap is because the best watches have solid metal bars rather than pissy spring bars.

somafunk

This is the seiko i bought from yobokies 2 odd years ago, i wear it all the time whether that be working on the car or out on the bike and as such the glass is fractured and covered in scratches, the bezel is also worn with faded numerals – it took quite a large thump to the face a while ago and the second hand fell off and jammed the mechanism up, i had to take it apart and straighten the spindle so the minute hand would pass over the hour hand – it loses approx 5 minutes a week but it still works despite the abuse it gets, if i was buying another watch i’d get a rolex copy with the same seiko mechanical mechanism for half the price of the yobokies, by the time i factored in shipping and vat/tax etc it cost approx £225.

metalheart
    Free Member

Where did it say he wanted green? No one wants the green one.

Ha, yer right coz the black one was sold out…. 😳

Still, 7th post in… Did I mention already….?

FYYFF’s

[still sulking] 😛

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

I have a few Seiko’s, this is my favorite one at the moment- Seiko Arnie.

thv3
    Free Member

Green one?

Not mine, but I’ve got one very similar

pk13

Jam Bo. That’s the one I’ve had one a good while now.

fourbanger – Member
    TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR, I nearly nearly bought one of those last weekend. How are you getting on with it?

It’s lovely, quite heavy, but feels nice on my wrist

Criticisms would be – second hand doesn’t hit the markers and the case scratches quite easily. I’ve not scratched the polished faces, but the edges seem to be susceptible

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

As a side line, I am thinking of selling the Seiko Arnie if anyone is interested. They are flying up in value every month as they are extremely rare. Model number- SEIKO H558-5000

This one is well over priced http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-LCD-WATCH-SEIKO-ARNIE-H558-5000-PREDATOR-FILM-ARNOLD-SCHWARZENEGGER-NOS-/161806190276?hash=item25ac6686c4

KidCragg
    Free Member

The base for that yobokies one is seiko snk 809.

Got one and love it!

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘What is that Seiko(?) watch ?’ is closed to new replies.