Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • What is grade 2 and 3 trauma during an op.
  • oldgit
    Free Member

My missus has been virtually disabled since December. No one has made a positive diagnosis yet, but put simply she feels like shes been in a car crash, like us when we've been injured. It's almost as if her own body can't support itself.
    She had a hysterectomy and 15" fibroid removed and all went well, then had a fall two months later it's since that fall that she's had all the trouble.
    However she has just told me that she went through grade 2 and 3 trauma during her op. What the hell is that. And she can't have an op of that type again?

crikey
    Free Member

I've not heard of that, and I worked in theatre for 10 years.

Is it something that she has misheard or misunderstood?

Maybe it refers to the extent of her fibroids?

Flaperon

And she can't have an op of that type again?

Look, I'm no doctor but even I know that someone can only have one hysterectomy…

oldgit
    Free Member

We are trying to find out what happened but our GP is not passing on the info. Something went wrong apparently with Anaesthetic procedure, damage was done that has only been described as Grade 11 and Grade 111 trauma.

roundwheels
    Free Member

google grade 2 and 3 trauma. this might help ,it seems to be a scale to how bad the trauma is 1 ok 5 very bad

project
    Free Member

Under the freedom of information act you are allowed to view all your medical records and ask for copies, as well as an explanation of technical terms,i did and it was quite interesting.

brack
    Free Member

Im only a Paramedic but is it not a reference to the Intensive care levels….

We use it as a guide for transferring patients between hospitals and or receiving hospitals for trauma.

LEVEL 0 Patients whose needs can be met through normal ward care in an acute hospital.

LEVEL1 Patients at risk of their condition deteriorating, or those recently relocated from higher levels of care, whose needs can be met on an acute ward with additional advice and support from the critical team.

LEVEL 2 Patients requiring detailed observation or intervention including support for a single failing organ system or post-operative care and those 'stepping down' from higher levels of care.

LEVEL 3 Patients requiring advanced respiratory support alone or basic respiratory support together with support of at least two organ systems. This level includes all complex patients requiring support for multi-organ failure.

Drac

Have no idea what it means either never heard of it.

Under the freedom of information act you are allowed to view all your medical records and ask for copies, as well as an explanation of technical terms,i did and it was quite interesting.

They're exceptions though.

crikey
    Free Member

My best advice is to ring up the hospital, ask for the number of the secretary of the consultant she was admitted under and arrange an appointment to see him, then ask these questions there.

northshoreniall

ITU nurse here, could be reference to grades of intubation? grade 2 or 3 being on the upper level of being a bit trickier when get to 3. If this is so patients are generally made aware of this so can let future anaethetists know. Thats the best I can think of.
    Niall

crikey
    Free Member

Hey! I'm one of those too!

…and I thought of that before you did, I just didn't say it because I was busy doing some other stuff…

northshoreniall

Did you think of it before me or just see the thread before me????? 😀

crikey
    Free Member

I didn't think of it, and I ashamed now…

northshoreniall

go to your bedspace and dampdust immediately!

crikey
    Free Member

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

I'm able to send one of my staff nurses to do that, I have some audit work to complete………..

northshoreniall

WOW audit, that sounds way more interesting. Jealous, and here's me just sitting at home smurfing the web and watching t.v. – more fool me.

crikey
    Free Member

Smurfing the web?

You are Father Abraham and I claim my five smurf pounds, and how far off topic have we got?

northshoreniall

Seemingly very off topic, best leave it there for now I hear my bed calling. Smurf pounds in the post to you first thing monday morning, damn you found me out, must change username to go back into hiding :mrgreen:.

roper
    Free Member

well this should help get it back on topic

if that helps..?

northshoreniall

damn they told me the merchandise wasnt going public yet!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘What is grade 2 and 3 trauma during an op.’ is closed to new replies.