Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • What is a 'Wifelet'?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

I had the misfortune of sitting through some tv programme last night (about the Longleat Estate) and the Earl (or whatever he is) has ‘wifelets’ that live on the Estate in various cottages and just seemed to roll about drunk all day and night.

What TBF is a wifelet?

cinnamon_girl

Poor people get vilified for that type of behaviour but if you have money then that makes it OK. He’s a pervert.

MrSmith
    Free Member

what’s perverted about having a string of women that you share a bed/home with for a few days/weeks at a time but don’t marry?

matt_outandabout

Sounds like most students…

lemonysam
    Free Member

He’s a pervert.

How terribly victorian.

cinnamon_girl

Of course his wife also has lovers. Tough for his son and heir who probably just wanted a normal upbringing. Not many other families have rooms with painted murals depicting naked flesh in all shapes and forms.

I don’t think my attitude is Victorian. When you have children then I don’t think it’s acceptable.

MrSmith
    Free Member

not many other families have a business turning over 30million.

Longleat achieved a 25pc profit margin and average spending per visitor of £24 and is now targeting a 13pc increase in turnover to reach a record £30m in 2012.

not forgetting:
    Lord Bath, 79, receives a separate income from some of the 250 rented cottages, farms and four pubs on the 9,000-acre estate, plus 400 acres leased to holiday resort Center Parcs.

poor things 😐

cinnamon_girl

Let’s not forget that Lord Bath banned cyclists from using estate roads that they’d enjoyed using for years.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Let’s not forget that Lord Bath banned cyclists using estate roads that they’d enjoyed using for years.

You’re quite right, he’s clearly a sexual deviant.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Wifelet – woman who married a misogynistic in-bred half wit for the money.

allthegear
    Free Member

Sp they have an open relationship, with the added ability to have a house each for their lovers. Huh – so what? Don’t see how that is a particularly perverted thing as such – and their mutual relationship between each other and to their son is not necessarily harmed by that, so long as they are both actively happy with the arrangement?

Rachel

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There’s no doubt he’s a bit weird…but he seems mostly a bit harmless. AFAIK, he sent both his sons to the local comprehensive when they were growing up didn’t he?

Anyway, I caught this last night too…I have no interest in the safari park and to be honest, these kinds of programmes are normally beneath my sophisticated tastes, but the family dynamic is pure comedy.

Moments that made me giggle last night…

The grand plan to get rid of the nasty green in the hall being called to a halt because “I thought someone had told him [Lord Bath]…” All that work to move those paintings and it all has to be done again some other time. 🙂

The head groundsman just not knowing what to say about the shitty lanterns blowing over in the breeze. 🙂

British “aristocracy” with its head stuck up the arse of the Chinese delegation – and them all getting hammered at the glass draining game. 😀

The wifelet stumbling into the room pissed when they were “presenting” the grandson to Lord Bath. Generally falling all over the place. Nearly breaking the bottle and glasses when she put it down. Just gold. The awkwardness of the moment oozed out out of the tv. 😆

cinnamon_girl

Bet he loved lycra.

johndoh
    Free Member

The fact they seemed quite happy with this arrangement was extra-ordinary. It was almost like he was trying to run a hippy commune whist at the same time run a (clearly very lucrative) business.

Has anyone told him it’s not 1968 anymore?

johndoh
    Free Member

their mutual relationship between each other and to their son

Well he has to talk to his son through an intermediary so their relationship ain’t that cracking.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well he has to talk to his son through an intermediary so their relationship ain’t that cracking.

Indeed…doesn’t help either when you’ve paid thousands to have massive paintings delicately moved and no-one’s told dad. 😀

allthegear
    Free Member

talk to his son through an intermediary so their relationship ain’t that cracking

okay, good point 😉

MoreCashThanDash

You’ve led a very sheltered life – or have just left school – if you’d never heard of Lord Bath and his Wifelets.

My wife is only 4’10”, is she actually a wifelet?

johndoh
    Free Member

You’ve led a very sheltered life – or have just left school – if you’d never heard of Lord Bath and his Wifelets.

48 years old and nope, never heard of him/them (of course I know of the Longleat Estate though) – but I don’t normally take interest in such things and this programme was kinda forced upon me so I suddenly feel educamated.

Northwind

johndoh – Member

He also fired his brother and kicked him off the estate, didn’t he? And dismissed a load of his older staff when the retirement age rules changed.

I don’t think he’s a pervert though. He’s definitely a dick. But otoh young women shagging a 70 year old basically for his money, that’s pretty off, no?

bigyinn
    Free Member

educamated.

Its eduMAcated. Sheesh!

johndoh
    Free Member

Its eduMAcated. Sheesh!

#theshame

Cougar

Longleat?

Does he own Center Parcs? Suddenly it all makes sense.

P-Jay
    Free Member

It’s another made up word for ‘girlfriend’ he’s famous for having a harem of hoes, ‘wifelet’ sounds like he’s trying to rationalise.

In fairness the Guy’s a dick and his ‘attraction’ is an appalling way to waste money, he’s tight like only an Aristocrat can be.

£33 for an ‘unlimited’ ticket, but only if you’re idea of ‘unlimited’ is in fact limited to a single go on any of the attractions that haven’t changed in at least two decades.

That’ll be £114 please for a family of 4, but the arse rape won’t stop their because you’ll want to set aside about £60 for a dried out husk of ‘lunch’ that’s been sat under the lamp for several weeks.

I’ll never go back, if you want a Safari Park, West Midlands is better in every way, the non-animal bits are better and it’s much cheaper.

Folly Farm is a million times better in every way, you don’t have to stay in your car, it’s got a nice easy vibe about the place with little queuing or large crowds.

Longlete is second only to EuroDisney in my hate list.

cinnamon_girl

How long did it take Lord B to hit on his new daughter-in-law?

cinnamon_girl

Sp they have an open relationship, with the added ability to have a house each for their lovers. Huh – so what? Don’t see how that is a particularly perverted thing as such – and their mutual relationship between each other and to their son is not necessarily harmed by that, so long as they are both actively happy with the arrangement?

Rachel

I don’t believe the shaggees were on a one in one out basis so how exactly did he have time for his children? Same q for Lady B but don’t believe she was so prolific.

It’s not the shagging that’s the problem, good luck to them both but it must have been bloomin’ hard for their kids and not least for the inevitable cruel comments from their peers.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

It’s a suburb of Coatbridge. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whifflet 😉

cinnamon_girl

Anyone see Channel 4 last night? You’re needing nappies so you set up the webcam for 15 minutes. 😯

chewkw
    Free Member

What is a ‘Wifelet’?

Concubine.

wrecker
    Free Member

Folly Farm is a million times better in every way, you don’t have to stay in your car, it’s got a nice easy vibe about the place with little queuing or large crowds.

Folly farm has ruined all animal type places for me, as none compare. Great day out, I think I enjoyed it as much as the sprog did!

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Are the women on some sort of rota, like second Tuesday lunchtime and first weekend every odd-number month? Or how are they assured fair dibs?

There was a bit of a fuss a year or two ago, police called over a disagreement between two females.

konabunny
    Free Member

Center Parcs, eh? #mumsnet

johndoh
    Free Member

Penis Beaker #mumsnet

senorj

My missus loves this program.I have written to the Lord asking for her to be a wifelet as she thinks he’s funny.

The wifelet stumbling into the room pissed when they were “presenting” the grandson to Lord Bath. Generally falling all over the place. Nearly breaking the bottle and glasses when she put it down. Just gold. The awkwardness of the moment oozed out out of the tv.

I noticed this also , mucho cringeing.
    The old fella didn’t show much interest in the new baby did he?sad.

Drac

Lord Bath yes but what he gets up to in his personal life I have no idea why I would know that or give a flying ****. Can you explain why I should know about them? I take it you subscribe to Hello.

johndoh
    Free Member

I think he was pissed just like his Twiglets.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

My missus loves this program.

As I said before, despite it being far beneath me, I’ve found myself amused by it. I never watched any of the other Longleat stuff but this one is entertaining as there’s some weird dynamic going on in how he’s passed on the running of the estate and safari park to his son while retaining some kind of autocratic veto on any decision made (cf the re-painting fiasco) – which makes for unpredictability given how utterly Fruit Loopy he is. With the added odd appearance of a drunk wifelet (all of whom the son clearly hates), it’s a recipe for some hilarity at times.

I noticed this also , mucho cringeing.

That whole segment was just cringe cringe cringe.

“Erm…shall we bring him back another time then…?”

MoreCashThanDash

Drac – his antics have been reported all over the papers and occasionally the TV – and now the internet – since I was a lad in the 70s.

DanW
    Free Member

Well I never. He looks like such a normal chap!

Let’s not forget that Lord Bath banned cyclists from using estate roads that they’d enjoyed using for years.

NCN route too wasn’t it? I think he also banned dogs from the public rights of way or got the rangers to only let them pass if the dogs were being carried or something odd like that? Seems to come up with something nuts each week but when it hits cyclists he’s gone too far! 😀

Drac

Drac – his antics have been reported all over the papers and occasionally the TV – and now the internet – since I was a lad in the 70s.

That’ll be why then as I’ll avoid watching or reading any crap like that.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘What is a 'Wifelet'?’ is closed to new replies.