Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What HRM's are people using?
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Had a Polar S625x for many years and randomly started looking at them yesterday. Got the bug to upgrade and hand my old one over to my wife

Looking for something which will do the usual speed / distance malarky. I’m also keen to make sure I take into account how hard I am training and avoid overtraining (again). Want to record all my exercises too – bit of a data geek. GPS might be nice but not sure I trust it though.

What is everyone using at the moment and finding good? I like the look of the Polar RCX5 or the RS800CX

njee20
    Free Member

Garmin Edge 705, had a Polar S725x for years, prefer the Garmin in every way!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Look at myithlete for overtraining.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Interesting on the Edge recomendation. Will investigate

Got a myithlete for my Ipod touch.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Garmin Forerunner, with GPS.

Considerably better than the Polar it replaced. I went for the Forerunner as I wanted to use it for other sports as well, wheras the Edge really limits you to a bike.

Garmin Connect is considerably better than the Polar alternative too.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Edge 500 with additional wrist strap so I can run with it as well.

stumpy01

Garmin Edge 500.

cp

I have a Forerunner 305 and an Edge 800.

For cycling, the edge is better – simply for the bigger screen and ability to display maps. It can also be mounted on the quick release wrist strap for the Forerunner 310XT, so COULD be used for running if you don’t mind a bigger device on your wrist.

If you run, the Forerunner 310 XT might be a good compromise if you don’t need maps. You can select bike or run (or other) and customise the fields displayed for each. it will show cadence with the GSC 10 sensor, and speed also becomes very accurate with this. It’s auto-calibrating using the GPS, so a doddle to set up (at least that’s how it worked on the Edge).

Garmin Connect is brilliant. Very easy to upload data to and analyse post race.

If you don’t want the expense of those, the Forerunner 305 is still available for just over £100. very versatile, does most of what the 310 does.

cp

Oh, and this site is BRILLIANT for all things electrical training aid related 🙂

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Interesting… Not really interested in having maps so more for distance / speed etc.

Also, after something I can just put on my wrist and forget about.

Looks like the Forerunner could be a front runner

cp – I was just trying to find that link after spending some time on it yesterday. thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What HRM's are people using?’ is closed to new replies.