Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • what helmet spot light?
  • singletracksurfer

from Magicshine, to go with the new 872 light (which has a lot of spread I believe)?

z1ppy

an XML of some sort.. available for as little as £31 to £95 from DX, though reports suggest that quality & spread improves with price… but £30 you can get a lot of light if your willing to wait (delivery from HK).

Also consider MTB Batteries (Smudges) XM-L unit, not as cheap but UK supported & a very good light (I have one). I use mine with a Trout Mini (4x XPG LED unit) to great effect – you “maybe” don’t need this much light, but it great to have it!

DealExtreme XM-L bike lights:
    £30.95
    £31.04
    £31.44
    £33.05

Though the two below are only reportedly 1000 lumens & those above are 1200 lumens, there the same LED and will be as powerful. They will actually try and sell the orignal P7 900 lumen units as 1200 lumens in some adverts now….

£52.33
    £92.16

Another option is a “normal” XML torch – £24.08 though you’d still need to get a mount for your helmet.

Though my friend with a MJ-872, happily uses an orignal P7 Magicshine bike light quite happily with his…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’ve just bought an ultrafire P10 torch for the helmet duties.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I`m using a DX 501B XPG which was about £15 mounted with a velcro lockbock type mount.Does the job well enough for me.
    I`m a big fan of torches instead of the bike specific lights.Can be used as a stand alone torch,no dodgy connections or cables,to worry about,bateries are cheap,you can stick a spare in your pocket to increase run time,and if it dies its cheap to replace.

singletracksurfer

Thanks all. Thats great Z1ppy.

I want something that isn’t totally over powered by the 872 and creates a tighter spot light.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘what helmet spot light?’ is closed to new replies.