Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)
  • What have you learned today?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I learned (via twitter) that the male equivalent of a Fag Hag is a Flap Jack. I’m not sure I can look at mid-ride snacks in the same way again. 😀

Anybody else learned anything amusing today? It has to have been today, mind!

iDave
    Free Member

I learned that me and hora have 11 mutual virtual pretend friends but I have no idea who he actually is.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😕

john_drummer
    Free Member

the French have two words for “river”

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is this on faceache iDave?

highclimber
    Free Member

That all Estate Agents are useless (I had my suspicions before today but they just confirmed it this afternoon)

Jamie
    Free Member

I might have bought the wrong size bike….tests are ongoing.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

With you there highclimber. Obviously not something you wanted to learn today. 😐

donsimon
    Free Member

That small business advisors still think it’s a good idea to talk to banks for finance. 🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Was that only today you discovered that Jamie or were there sneaking suspicions like highclimber?

sturmey
    Free Member

That the STW massive think my parenting skills are ok even if the rest arent sure. Cheers. 😀

JohnClimber
    Free Member

It’s not an official Indian Summer if there hasn’t been a frost after summer has ended

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I like that one and will be using that on site tomorrow. Has the veracity of that nugget been checked?

CaptJon
    Free Member

That colleagues and I have been shortlisted for a large research grant.

geoffj

There is a paucity of free publicly available market research data around the uptake of new products in the construction industry, including, but not limited to shutters.

iDave
    Free Member

yes, on friendface DD. I was quite upset.

I also learned that I still love riding round the same forest I first rode around in 1987

Junkyard
    Free Member

Binners and I have been in a gay club at the same time but not together.

Stoner
    Free Member

That they use oxyacetylene when working with lead.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Learnt a new move at bjj training tonight that could break someone’s leg.

Jamie
    Free Member

Was that only today you discovered that Jamie or were there sneaking suspicions like highclimber?

Last week or 2.

Either I might have the wrong size, or misjudging the gap between two steel bollards on a motorbike a decade ago is coming back to haunt my right knee.*

*For a second after I was convinced I was going to look down and see my knee lying on the floor.

Jamie
    Free Member

Swinging a sledge hammer?

Drac

That some people think fish get pregnant.

ton

learnt that i quite like folk type music………….ffs help me. 😯

RealMan
    Free Member

Well I assisted in coaching my first ever wheelchair badminton session tonight. So I’ve learnt the rules to wheelchair badminton (they’re slightly different to normal badminton), how to operate a chair, how to play, what you can and can’t do, plus met about 20 people, all who seem really friendly and pleased to have me. Really enjoyed it, so should be back there next week. Here’s a little video if anyone is interested..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36eHMlKQvMM[/video]

(The guy on the right gave me a lift home tonight.)

learnt that i quite like folk type music………….ffs help me.

Try some Damien Rice.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’ve just learned how hard will people work to ensure that they lose customers.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Today I learned that I actually despise train travel. Well, more the feckless operators.

derekrides
    Free Member

That nobody here knows what abscission means in regard to bicycle lights.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I’ve learnt there is something called a fag hag and there is another meaning to flap jack – unfortunately I have no idea what either of them mean 😳

wallop

That walking around Bristol really is quicker than driving. I always suspected, but today it was confirmed.

molgrips
    Free Member

I also learned that I still love riding round the same forest I first rode around in 1987

Is it still the same though? The one I started riding in in 1992 is almost unrecognisable in terms of trails. Only the fire-roads and one or two of the main trail segments are still there. Large swathes of trees have also gone and been re-planted.

boxfish
    Free Member

I learnt that my forks were not able to absorb the impact of a small tree stump that appeared spontaneously from the gloop.

I subsequently learnt that the elastic loop at the bottom of each leg on my waterproof baggies could hook itself over my brake lever and conspire to leave me trapped under my bike, flapping around like a fat, muddy fish out of water.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

FFS Molly!

@Lady Gee…a “Fag Hag” is a lady what mainly hangs out with gay men. I’ll leave the rest to you.

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

bjj.andy.w

Funnily enough, I learnt one of those at Judo tonight. Beware big, clumsy brown belts and their enthusiasm for unskilled counter throws.

I also learned that I really need a new middle chainring.

billysugger
    Free Member

I learned there’s a lining between the muscle and the skin which (usually) stops the muscle pushing the skin up into a bulge. Hernia-style.

I was paying so much attention I forgot what it’s called.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tut tut mr sugger. Off you tootle and find out for us. 🙂

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

bjj.andy.w – Member

POSTED 30 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

You can break someones leg giving them a bj???

GJP
    Free Member

I have learnt in the last two hours that the anti-fungal fluconazole makes me itch like ****

donsimon
    Free Member

CBA

slimjim78
    Free Member

I learnt that Wilko Johnson is awesome and his bass player totally owned Later with Jules.

Cue ticket purchase for his tour.

bullheart
    Free Member

I learnt that if you take your wife’s car and drive to the common to walk the dogs, said wife will climb into your van, complete with 90kg 8′ x 8′ patio window cargo-strapped on the roofbars, and drive with reckless abandon to the swimming pool, nearly killing pedestrians, cyclists and other travellers in the process. Thankfully, the note left on the kitchen table sarcastically directing you to where your van can be found will alleviate all concerns about said van having been pinched.

😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘What have you learned today?’ is closed to new replies.