Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 149 total)
  • What have I uncovered in my garden?
  • maccyb
    Free Member

The penultimate post on the blog reads to me like an attempt to turn it into fiction – the tone is completely different from the factual exploration… not surprised nothing came of it.

CountZero

I’ve saved the PH blog onto my homepage for later reading, I can’t be doing with 200-odd pages at the moment!

jamj1974

thestabiliser – Member
    On one warranty dept?

*sniggers*

maccruiskeen

Oh god. I’ve just remembered. I still haven’t looked inside this.

shermer75
    Free Member

Oh god. I’ve just remembered. I still haven’t looked inside this.

Now would be a good time

senorj

“I’m up in NW Cumbria”

“Is it a dropped h?”

Hahaha. Bastid. 😉

Fwiw , I bet it’s a cat .

maccruiskeen

Now would be a good time

I bought it in a more innocent age – before Brexit, before Trump (but still less than a year ago). At the time I thought buying a hatch with 4000sq ft of ‘something’ inside, sight unseen, was reckless. Now I think it was outstandingly prescient.

Not so much as a doomsday preppers bunker – more as a deep, dark echoless hole that I can charge people buy the minute to shout their anguish, horror, incredulity and despair into.

batfink
    Free Member

At the time I thought buying a hatch with 4000sq ft of ‘something’ inside, sight unseen, was reckless

Not sure if serious….

You bought a mysterious hole in the ground, and you haven’t looked in it yet?

Are you the world’s least curious person?

antigee

my money is on a dead cat – unless of course the owner miscounted how many lives it had used – maybe get some felix just in case?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

At the time I thought buying a hatch with 4000sq ft of ‘something’ inside, sight unseen, was reckless
    Not sure if serious….

^ Funny. I’d have already built that Scalextric room/personal library*/bunker that I’d /dreamedplanned under parent’s garden when I was 9.

maccruiskeen

Its either a fabulous opportunity or a massive liability. Like Shrodingers Cat its currently either/both but it’ll only become one or the other when I actually look inside. Once I know which it’ll occupy my thought pretty much 100% for the years its going to take with dealing with the outcome of knowing that. At the moment I’m just too busy to give it that headspace. If I know too much about whats down there I won’t be able to refuse it headspace. Its a project that’ll be 5 years down the line (it’ll perhaps always be 5 years down the line) but at the moment just as CZ hasn’t got time to read a 200 page thread I haven’t got time to write one. 🙂

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Roman scrabble tile? (Apparently H was worth IV)

SaxonRider

Looks like a Saxon helicopter pad to me.

Expect a visit from me soon.

martinhutch

Like Shrodingers Cat

Yes, but the cat could be alive, you beast! Let it out!

flashes
    Free Member

My vote is; elaborate pet grave. Perhaps it’s the 9th pet with the initial H to die……………..

GrahamS

Just wasted over an hour reading through the Pistonheads thread. Great stuff.

He did go on to make a *short* blog of it: http://gardenbunker.blogspot.co.uk/
    And got a BBC News appearance:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQfWcyWMnxI[/video]

I’m now eagerly awaiting further details of breadcrumb’s cobbled grave and maccruiskeen’s rusty sewer Nazi money pit

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

C’mon man, why haven’t you got in it yet?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Surly you need to get Baldrick round to do one of his crappy TV programs?

jimdubleyou

Its strange that Richard the Third was buried exactly in a carpark.

I heard it was outside Millets, with their Winter of Discount Tents.

scaredypants

😀

funkmasterp

Its either a fabulous opportunity or a massive liability. Like Shrodingers Cat its currently either/both but it’ll only become one or the other when I actually look inside. Once I know which it’ll occupy my thought pretty much 100% for the years its going to take with dealing with the outcome of knowing that. At the moment I’m just too busy to give it that headspace. If I know too much about whats down there I won’t be able to refuse it headspace. Its a project that’ll be 5 years down the line (it’ll perhaps always be 5 years down the line) but at the moment just as CZ hasn’t got time to read a 200 page thread I haven’t got time to write one.

What if a bunch of us offer to go down there for you and only report back if it’s really good?

breadcrumb

By chance two guys from the water company we just outside, so like a complete weirdo I showed them The Slab™.

They thought it was either man hole cover or a tombstone for a dead pet.

So still none the wiser.

Now if was a handy metal cover i could just open it up and I’d be down there like a shot!

maccruiskeen

What if a bunch of us offer to go down there for you and only report back if it’s really good?

Sounds like the plot of one or two films I can think of. Non of them had sequels. 🙂

beefheart
    Free Member

Only one way to find out.
    Come on, we need some resolution……
    DO IT NOW!

Cougar

So, like us, they guessed?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

just dig a hole next to it and see what happens

slowoldman

I think you should send for Buffy and the Scooby gang.

antigee

breadcrumb – Member
    By chance two guys from the water company we just outside, so like a complete weirdo I showed them The Slab™.

…maybe get an auto-technician ’round to suck in breathe and whistle

this could go on a while

maccruiskeen

I think its the base of an inverted column 7,917.5 mile high.

So now you’ve got three options.

breadcrumb

So, like us, they guessed?

Yup, I was just trying to rule out the H standing for hydrant.

I’ll dig next to it at some point.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ll dig next to it at some point.

eh?, get out there now in the dark and unseasonable temps with your spade, crucifix and clove of garlic.

scotroutes

…maybe get an auto-technician ’round to suck in breathe and whistle
    this could go on a while
    [/quote]Or see if someone from the gas company would look into it for you…..

IGMC

Kip

Wtf? I’ve just read this, how can you not go and find out now?

falkirk-mark

H is for Hell

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Peter Cushing / that other Hammer House of Horror bloke (name escapes me), wouldn’t be “digging next to it at some point”. Just saying

breadcrumb

I’m not likely to head out digging now am I! Guess you’d want me to use a gas lantern too?

Another photo to show The Slab in relation to the veggie plot.

bikesian65
    Free Member

That wooden box next to the mystery object – is it the type of place a vampire would live?
    – just saying like

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Probably unconnected, but RIP Dusty Bin

houndlegs
    Free Member

^^Surely, thats RIP Rusty Bin 8)

orangespyderman

Where on earth is the veggie plot in that photo and besides, that’s an absolute disgrace. Do you even know how to cut grass??? 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 149 total)

The topic ‘What have I uncovered in my garden?’ is closed to new replies.