Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • What happened to nemone on radio 6…..?
  • freddyg
    Free Member

On the whole, I think 6 music is great. During the week, I work away from home and house-share with 3 other blokes. One of the chaps just doesn’t get it… Just because there may be a couple of tracks in succession that are not to his taste, the whole station is branded shite. It’s all about broadening horizons, innit?

There aren’t many shows I dislike, but I have to turn off Adam wotsisface – I just don’t find him funny and am not sure he’s in the right place – 6music is a music station, not a personality/variety station. I don’t listen to Keaveny as I don’t have DAB in the car, so can’t comment on him. The rest (including Liz Kershaw) are pretty bloody good.

nick1962
    Free Member

The rest (including Liz Kershaw) are pretty bloody good.

nicko74

Liz Kershaw – one of the very worst DJs I’ve heard on any station, let alone 6Music.
    Good to hear Nemone this morning. Her chatter may not be as good as Lauren Laverne’s, but her music choices are better.

zippykona

A couple of years back we got internet radio. Went through as many stations as I could ended back with 6. If you asked me do I want to listen to poetry on a Sunday morning I would say no. But somehow it fits in nicely.
    Best radio station EVER.

freddyg
    Free Member

Nick & Nicko. Its a shame that we don’t share the same opinion. But it’s just that. An opinion. I like Liz, you don’t. Mleh.

I don’t understand why it is necessary to say things/people are rubbish, just because they aren’t to your taste.

sadexpunk

i bluddy love 6 music, it awakened my love of music again when i caught up with it on dab. couldnt believe there was a mainstream(ish) station playing loads of proper punk as well as great new music id never bother listening to if it wasnt on the radio.
    couldnt believe marc riley had a spell a while ago when he played crass each night!!

love the weekday routine all the way through. steve lamacq probably my favourite tho. weekends a bit hit and miss for me as im not a fan of ‘world music’ or jazz/funk, and i also find tom ravenscroft a bit boring at times, but yep, nowt up with liz kershaw 🙂

nick1962
    Free Member

Liz Kershaw is incompetent and inept.
    It is embarassing listening to her bumble over conversations with callers.So much just goes over her head,she misses the point regularly.It so painful at times I turn off.This isn’t about taste or opinion it’s fact.
    She was dull as ditchwater 20 odd years ago and she’s even duller now that’s opinion.
    And she’s from my neck of the woods too so I really wanted to like her.And I won’t mention nepotism either

rhbrhb
    Free Member

She’s on now!

Rorschach
    Free Member

The only problem with Liz Kershaw is her incredibly narrow taste in music (for a dj).You’re pretty much guaranteed to hear siouxie and the banshees,the damned,the clash (and anything else from the same 18 month time period she eulogises about)in a slightly different order every week.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘What happened to nemone on radio 6…..?’ is closed to new replies.