Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • What happened to nemone on radio 6…..?
  • burko73

What happened to nemones weekend breakfast show? The guy doing it now does my nut in. I used to like nemones soothing voice first thing ona weekend morning to ease me into the day.

It says her last ever show was at the end of oct but. Can’t find out what happened to her….. There’s no info anywhere and I missed the last show.

Was she friendly with jimmy saville or something…….

m0nster2
    Free Member

She was on on Friday, standing in for Shaun Keaveny.
    Edit: Friday

She seems to be a sort of supply DJ since becoming a parent.

househusband

The current breakfast shows on 6Music are poor… so much so that I’ve even stopped changing over from my wife’s choice of R2.

I bought a DAB radio specifically to listen to Phil Jupitus – and he left only a month or so later!

Would be interested to know what happened to her too.

LimboJimbo

I think the show was moving to Manchester and she couldn’t make it work with the age of her kids. I agree, the new guy sounds a bit ‘radio one-ish’ to my grumpy, Sunday morning ears.

rhbrhb
    Free Member

Solution = sleep longer then tune in when Cerys begins.

eruptron
    Free Member

Listened for the first time yesterday alright to start but then the A&E show started was a weird experience where the conversation almost sounded radio 4 then they would play good music that didn’t match the voices really weird.
    The bloke hosting the show got more and more annoying the longer we listened and Edith just wittered on as annoyingly as she did on radio 1.
    I have been trying to choose a new station since Grimmy started on R1 he’s just to camp for my ears 1st thing in the morning

theflatboy
    Free Member

eruptron – Member

The bloke hosting the show got more and more annoying…

you mean… Sir Adam Buxton?! have some respect. 😡

eruptron
    Free Member

theflatboy – Member
    eruptron – Member

you mean… Sir Adam Buxton?! have some respect.

Yep that’s him became increasingly irritating the longer the show went on. If this his general patter then I doubt I’ll be tuning in very often.

barkm
    Free Member

I don’t get the fawning over 6 music, yes the music is superb, but the talky bits are just dreadful, radio1-esque dreadful.

That Adam and Edith(argh!)Bowman thing consisted almost entirely of reading out ‘hilarious’ tweets/texts in increasingly shouty funny voices, juxtaposed with actually half decent music.

Though I think it’s a modern radio problem, not a 6music one. Somewhere along the way DJ’s lost the art of being able to talk intelligently to the user, without the need of listener participation or a ‘laugh on cue’ sidekick.

CountZero

I personally don’t get the whole Adam and Joe thing, now Adam and Edith, but lots seemed to be besotted with them. Not an issue for me because I never listen anyway, I only listen to Cerys and some of the later programmes. Weekend programming has always been that bit different anyway. A previous 6Music boss really wanted the station to become Radio One, hence that halfwit George Lamb, but wiser heads prevailed when a campaign started up and both were removed.
    I listen from 7am to 3.30pm pretty much every day during the week, and there isn’t much I’d want to change, I particularly enjoy the lovely Ms Laverne and RadMac, who regularly have me in fits of laughter, and who both play excellent music. I have no problem with some chat, when it’s intelligent and amusing.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I can’t stand nemoan, although she’s not quite as irritating as Cerys, Jesus her voice grates on me! Huey in the morning when boring laverne was on maternity was by far the best show. Even keevney is becoming annoying

kimbers

M6TTF – Member
    I can’t stand nemoan, although she’s not quite as irritating as Cerys, Jesus her voice grates on me! Huey in the morning when boring laverne was on maternity was by far the best show. Even keevney is becoming annoying

spot on sir!

M6TTF
    Free Member

Sadly there’s nowt better to tune into!

ourmaninthenorth

Cerys Matthew is a pleasurew to listen to. As is Marc Riley and Tom Robinson and Peel the Younger.

I don’t often listen in the week, so rarely catch RadMac, but they’re like a classic suit – never anything but kust the right thing.

Keeveny makes me want to kill people.

And Nemone is much better than in her Radio1 days (for those old enough to remember).

Personally, I don’t really get 6 either – tried listening to Gideon Coe in the evening and didn’t really get on with it

rhbrhb
    Free Member

Gideon Coe plays some amazing stuff. When the station goes off playlist (out of M-F 9-5 it seems) it’s brilliant.

Awesome:
    Cerys (apart from the “Poetry in Motion” bit which is generally sh!te, excepting “Under Dubwood” a few weeks back.)
    Huey
    Coe
    Both Toms
    Guy Garvey
    Riley

On the fence:
    Lamacq

Could live without:
    most of the rest if them

zippykona

Non stop Huey will do me .

rhbrhb
    Free Member

Forgot to put Jarvis in the Awesome pile…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Superb station.

Just be thankful there’s something like it. If you liked everyone on it, it would just be appealing to a narrow demographic and be threatened with being shut down again. I can live with the DJs I don’t like for those I do.

donks
    Free Member

Could be worse….Chris Moyles is going spare.

rhbrhb
    Free Member

Dandelion Radio is a good alternative during playlist hours. But yes, am (and will remain) thankful that 6music is broadcasting.

burko73

I never really did actually find out what happened to nemone…..

I can’t handle radio 1 and aled jones on 2 on a Sunday morning. I just end up getting up earlier rather than lying in bed relaxing…..

jam-bo

She is on during the day for someone else.

matthewjb
    Free Member

I never really did actually find out what happened to nemone…..

She was on yesterday filling in for Lauren. As others have suggested I think she’s a supply DJ now.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I killed her for being irritating…..

doh
    Free Member

nobody listen to don letts! one of the best on there with no pointless inane pish. all killer no filler in his own words.

Coyote
    Free Member

Craig Charles on a Saturday is awesome.

CountZero

M6TTF – Member

Really don’t like anything much, do you. 🙄

Jesus her voice grates on m

is it ‘cos she is Welsh?
    LaLa boring? Jeeze, she’s one of the sharpest people on the radio, and in her touring days, one of the funniest people on stage.

nicko74

I bought a DAB radio specifically to listen to Phil Jupitus – and he left only a month or so later!

Ditto. Given I’d gone off XFM already, the change to move Keaveney was not a great one.

Mind you, I think it’s across the board. Liz Kershaw on Saturday does my absolute nut in – she’s just not a good DJ. And I may be in the minority here, but Lauren Laverne ain’t all that. Her music choices are pretty poor, and she does seem to just chuck random tracks at the wall and see what order they fall down in.

bigad40
    Free Member

Barry Wang?

M6TTF
    Free Member

M6TTF – Member

Really don’t like anything much, do you.
    Jesus her voice grates on m
    is it ‘cos she is Welsh?
    LaLa boring? Jeeze, she’s one of the sharpest people on the radio, and in her touring days, one of the funniest people on stage.

Haha – grumpy old man syndrome. I find lavernes show really hit and miss regards the music, no consistently. When she has a good day the morning flies by, that coincides with her keeping her runaway mouth shut too. I want to hear music! She tries a bit too hard to find some obscure shanti music to then rave about.

Cerys – where do I start 🙂 it’s not because she’s welsh. She’s like listening to an old pot kettle whistling on the hob!

lodious
    Free Member

Although i’m not keen on all the presenters (esp. Keaveny’s transition from northern self deprecation into full on self obsessed tool), there are some DJ’s playing fantastic music, which until 6 music came along was just totally ignored by British radio. Gideon Coe, Cerys, Heuey, Jarvis, Marc Radcliffe, Tom Ravenscroft…they are playing music which personally I love and I’m immensely grateful they are doing it.

m0nster2
    Free Member

Mary Anne Hobbs Joins 6 Music
    Dubstep with your cornflakes, anyone?

rhbrhb
    Free Member

Nemone is on at the moment…

edlong
    Free Member

No one like Gilles Peterson (sp?) on a Saturday afternoon? Three hours of awesome followed by another 3 hours of awesome with Craig Charles? Superb, only spoiled slightly by being proceeded by Liz Kershaw (dreadful) and followed by Tom Robinson (not his fault, but scheduling him to follow six hours of Peterson / Charles really doesn’t work – the other week he opened his show with some prog rocky thing introduced with the words “this has got a great guitar solo in it”, it’s like he actively wants to shed all the Craig Charles listeners as fast as possible..)

I like Cerys btw but can’t listen to her show for long cos her taste in music does my head in – too much country (meaning, there is some country in it).

tracknicko
    Free Member

THIS

eruptron – Member

you mean… Sir Adam Buxton?! have some respect.

and you Mean Sir Dr. Adam Buxton.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

No one like Gilles Peterson

oh yes, been listening to him religiously for over 25 years, since his radio london days.

DaRC_L

For me it’s Craig Charles and (as a heretic here on STW) I lke Keaveny.

Sunday morning’s good for Cerys’ dulcet tones and I also like Huey when I’m making Sunday lunch.

I’ve not had a chance to listen to Sir Doctor Adam Buxton and Edith Bowman but did like the Adam & Joe show (was it on an earlier timeslot on a Saturday or do I get up earlier now?).

The rest of the time it depends upon my mood as to whether the DAB stays on 6music.

Duggan

Really loved Adam and Joe on 6music but the couple of times I’ve heard Adam and the Scottish girl from R1 I’ve really not liked it, found it almost painful to listen to.

Never really liked Keaveny either but it’s easily the best radio station going. Apart from when Richard Bacon stands in for people, he’s almost as bad as listening to R1.

ourmaninthenorth

Had to endure more Buxton and Bowman at the weekend. Well, I say endured, what I mean is “switched that shite off and played some decent songs from my ipod”.

They’re very bad, aren’t they? And showing no signs of improvement.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘What happened to nemone on radio 6…..?’ is closed to new replies.