• This topic has 111 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)
  • what handgun?
  • tomm
    Free Member

i’ve been thinking about handguns and realised i know very little about them. is there any experts in here?
    what’s the type to have? is there a best manufacturer?
    not after anything flash, just something cheap, simple and reliable. doesn’t have to be super accurate as i imagine it will only be used at very close range. or perhaps something that looked a bit menacing would reduce the need to actually use it. hmmmm…

noteeth
    Free Member

Is this enquiry somehow connected to this thread?

Planning something, are we? 😉

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Desert eagle.

crikey
    Free Member

footflaps

Glock 17 – cheap, reliable, used by most police forces?

camo16
    Free Member

😆 @ Crikey!

tails
    Free Member

I second the desert eagle, but get 2 of them just for the look.

Markie
    Free Member

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I went to a gun show in Lander, Wyoming. Spoilt for choice.

godzilla
    Free Member

Tomm, do you live in suderland? if so you probably better off with an Uzi, Tec-9 or H&K MP5.

andygreener

A nice sig sauer, browning high poweror a beretta 92f. Or robocops. I need to stop watching to many movies. I have held the others though. Too heavy for a 9/10 year old.

tomm
    Free Member

thanks for all the names etc.. i’m googling them as we speak. those Sig Sauers look evil!

noteeth
    Free Member

Pack some proper heat bruv.

TheBrick
    Free Member

What does your local supplied have on offer?

tomm
    Free Member

What does your local supplied have on offer?

ex army/police mostly. exotica available at special request with a slightly longer waiting period apparently

jon1973
    Free Member

Handguns are so last year

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jts0xxg7P8I[/video]

jonk

Desert eagle or Glock gen 4

Basil

Beretta ,but get it in 45ACP. Don’t fall for any fancy .40 caliber etc.

Bazz

Browning high power, don’t know much about hand guns but this is the only automatic i’ve ever used and it is a piece of piss to use and service. And the design has survived over 60 years.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Definately Desert Eagle
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFJjaj7pXsA[/video]

N.B. Not my wife.

cheez0
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk6Utpg5JcM[/video]

*not a handgun.

joolsburger
    Free Member

A Glock 30 is ideal for you needs.

busydog
    Free Member

Out of several handguns I have, my favorite is still a Kimber .45 stainless steel model. Easy to take care of/clean and shoots well–and from a personal protection perspective, the noise alone is pretty effective

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I got to hold a Dirty Harry S+W .44 Magnum a few years ago, full dirty long barrel and everyfink. Jeeze I could barely hold it up! Proper hefty.

(I’m not a gun nut or owt, I just like the films)

Out of several handguns I have… ….from a personal protection perspective

Do you live in a war-torn country? Or Hackney or somewhere?

busydog
    Free Member

Do you live in a war-torn country

Not exactly–mostly carry it hiking in the mountains for the chance encounter with a thoroughly irritated bear—can get a lot of rounds off fast and the .45 has whole lot of stopping power.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I have a Browning Automatic badminton racket you could borrow.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh right! 😆

Yeah, I’d probbly want something if there were big bears about and that. 😯

wrecker
    Free Member

Sig p226 with extended mag.
    The weapon of choice for the chappies who like to hide their eyes in photos.

If you have a long midle finger, you’ll be able to fire the action off on a browning hi power without having to insert the mag (which often results in RMPs having neglible discharges! muppets)

gribble
    Free Member

Glock 18 – have a look on youtube

Good for angry people and those not subject to many gun laws.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

One of these:

busydog
    Free Member

Yeah, I’d probbly want something if there were big bears about and that

My brother in law in Alaska carries a .50 when working at remote field locations—he says if it doesn’t stop a barren ground grizzly or brownie, he can always shoot himself

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

S&W .357 Magnum with speedloaders, good handling, ample stopping power and accuracy with no jamming problems

Forget all that gangsta nonsense waving a semi automatic about at strange angles, you want reliability with the added bonus of no spent cases laying about

busydog
    Free Member

Forget all that gangsta nonsense waving a semi automatic about at strange angles

Yeah, that movie stuff of holding the gun sideways is pretty absurd. Nothing like a two-hand hold to really hit what you are shooting at.
    I tried doing some of the movie stuff at a target range and it doesn’t do much for accuracy

leffeboy

I have a Browning Automatic badminton racket you could borrow.

Did Browning not make some bizarre electric front shifter with split chainrings a long time ago or am I hallucinating again? (possibly a different Browning of course…

EDIT- strangely not – ” In 1977, Browning Arms closed their bicycle business”)

BillMC

On the one occasion I let a round off with a magnum, my ears popped big time and the kick was such that I thought it would be very difficult to use with much degree of accuracy.

busydog
    Free Member

I know what you mean—my .357 magnum revolver, even though it’s really heavey, kicks like a mule and I learned the hard way to wear ear plugs

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

WTF? Everyone seems to have missed the point! those are all real guns, surely this is the thing

Swelper
    Free Member

Desert Eagle point five o……

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR5jufwSqm8[/video]

randomjeremy
    Free Member

You can tell the people who have never shot a desert eagle – it’s an awful weapon that’s more likely to break your nose or wrist or dislocate your shoulder than maim your adversary. If I was packing heat these days it would be a Glock gen 4, probably a 17.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘what handgun?’ is closed to new replies.